Warzone is a customizable Risk-like strategy game where you compete with your friends to conquer the world.
- No microtransactions: Warzone won't let you buy your way to a victory like other free-to-play games. You win or lose Warzone games based on your strategy alone, not your wallet.
- Multi-player and single-player: Play thousands of single-player levels against the computer, or play against real humans. Both are 100% free.
- Community levels: Play single-player levels from the community, or make your own level and watch replays of other players defeating it.
- Asynchronous games: Your friends don't need to be all be online at the same time to play with them. Take your turns when it's convenient and Warzone will wait for you.
- Customizable: Warzone has a very flexible engine. When creating games, you have hundreds of settings you can tweak to create anything from a minor variant to a whole new experience.
- Maps: Warzone has thousands of hand-made maps to choose from, with more being added all the time. Or you can design your own!
- Strategic battles and tournaments: Warzone has a finely-tuned 1v1 and 2v2 experience, which makes for great competitive play.
- Cards: Warzone has a variety of cards with varying effects, like the Diplomacy Card, Spy Card, Airlift Card, and more!
- Luck is controllable: The luck modifier allows you to control how much luck affects your game. Games can be configured to have no randomness at all.
- Tournaments: Create your own tournaments and compete!
- Ladders: Warzone has five ladders, which are competitive arenas where everyone competes for the top spot.
Warzone can be played completely for free, or you can upgrade to a membership via a monthly subscription to disable advertisements and unlock additional features such as mods. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of service: http://warzone.com/TermsOfService
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful, if flawed, game.
This game is great for all the reasons risk is, and many more. Not only does it include prebuilt ai games which already have settings and cards beyond risk, it allows you to create your own games on a huge and eternally growing number of player made maps. The community’s blessed with a host who cares about player feedback, and actively incorporates it, let me speak from experience, he listens, and answers. However, that being said, the perks of the browser edition, while this warzone update is a MASSIVE improvement from the struggles of before, still don’t all hit the app. You can’t vote on a map of the week, work with your clan or use forums, or even mail on mobile, and it can at times be aggravating, even if the browser version on mobile will fill in these gaps in an odd, frankenstein’s monster of full game. However, that being said, I have no doubt these concerns will be remedied once the team gets a little better with app design, and I’m confident it’s just a matter of time.
Thanks, I'm glad you like the game! My plan is indeed to add the things you list to the app. I want to have everything in the app, it just takes time.
Ok game, but poorly thought out
When you get to Caesar’s challenge, the developer has made the game so lopsided that although there may be a way to win the game, it’s nearly impossible to accomplish. I’ve tried dozens of times on the IPad, but the boss comes straight for my army. The computer does not play against the other computer armies, but leaves the other “teams” with their boss remaining. So basically, it’s been made to be several against one and they go right for you. A game should be challenging, but also enjoyable. This game becomes no fun. All attributes learned in previous levels (such as delayed attack) and all various types of cards are not available. Online solutions reference using those, so something has changed. There is no pass to experience other levels so it’s time to delete the game unless there is a patch or update that provides a shred of hope. Developer will undoubtedly say something along the lines of “keep trying”. No sir. You beat it and show us. The proof is in the pudding. No one is getting a dime from me if this is the final product.
That is indeed a challenging level! You can search for help on YouTube if you can't get it on your own. The AIs don't target you, although I understand how it may feel that way since you always see when they target you but you can't see when they attack each other. The AI is open source on github so you can prove that they don't target the human player.
A Masterpiece Near Perfection...
So I recently found this game, and I have to say it’s very fun, and different. The concept of being a more intuitive take on Risk is really appealing. Especially since I recently got into Geopolitical games for some reason. And I also think the turned based attacking style really compliments it nicely.
So the only thing that I think needs improved is the UI and menus. These are rather sloppy looking and low quality. If these were High Definition menus and UIs it would be perfect.
Overall I think this game is so great from the Geopolitical aspect to the addicting gameplay, it really does good at what is does.
Thank you guys for the game.
I'm glad you enjoy the game! I am working on better graphics for the menus, thanks for the feedback!
- Randy Ficker
- 160.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Warzone.com, LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Membership $3.99
- Membership $3.99
- Mega Strategy Pack $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.