WarRoom® is a lightweight but powerful document review tool for litigation support. WarRoom is designed for attorneys and litigation support professionals who need an easy-to-use system for loading metadata and images from an electronic document production.
"WarRoom is an amazing program. E-discovery solutions are virtually nonexistent for OS X and WarRoom has now filled that need. WarRoom is easy to use and packed with great features."
- Bradford J. Black, Black Chang & Hamill LLP
In these days of electronic discovery and massive document reviews, most major law firms have agreed on a standard for their productions. Typically these productions consist of a document metadata load file, an image metadata load file, and a folder full of single page image files. Without expensive database software (none of which is available for OS X), a production like this would be useless to you. Now, with WarRoom, you can have the same tools at a fraction of the cost.
WarRoom runs on OS X 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, and 10.12 Sierra, and provides many advanced features:
Easily create your document database structure
• Create up to 50 database fields
• Field values can contain text, numbers, or dates (various formats)
• Sync your WarRoom databases across your Macs and iOS devices using iCloud
Import document metadata with ease
• Load document metadata from delimited text files (.DAT or .TXT) using any standard delimiting character
• Load images and associated metadata from .LFP, .OPT, or .LOG files (supports single or multi page Tiffs)
• Import PDF files directly into your project*
Make your document review painless
• Review documents in Browse, Table, or Split Screen mode
• Search document full text instantly, or construct a form search for deeper searching
• Search within the text of a document to highlight hits
• Globally search and replace text across all records
• Tally a field's values for quick filtering of records
• Built in Image Viewer can be launched in a separate window (supports dual displays)
• Preview native files linked from a database field and view OCR / extracted text directly in the Image Viewer
Organize your documents and hide privileged information
• Tag documents with various issues, and search based on your tags
• Redact sensitive information on images and optionally make the redactions permanent
Export only what you would like to produce
• Export extracted text / OCR to text files (.TXT)
• Export images to multi-page PDFs or single page TIFF image files with an associated image metadata load file (.LFP)
• Export document metadata to a delimited text file (.DAT)
• Supported document metadata load file formats: Concordance / Relativity (.DAT) or any delimited text file (.TXT)
• Supported image metadata load file formats: iPro (.LFP**), Opticon (.OPT), or Relativity (.LOG)
• 100% compatible with WarRoom Mobile for iOS files
Things WarRoom does not do:
• WarRoom does not currently import or process "native" files for electronic discovery.
• WarRoom does not currently OCR documents
• WarRoom does not currently support multi-user, networked environments.
• WarRoom is currently English only.
*In order to capture the full text of PDFs into your database, they must already be full-text searchable PDFs.
**Please note that the following .LFP codes are not currently supported by WarRoom: LC, IO, IA, FD, IN, IS, FT, OT, OF, OI, DT, RT, DA, SR, and RS.
- Compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Stay tuned for a big update to version 3, in the not-too-distant future!
Ratings and Reviews
Professional Electronic Document Review for the Mac!!!!
I have been looking for an affordable solution to review documents on my Mac, and at last I found it.
War Room allows me, as a small firm attorney, to keep up with the big boys. I don’t need Summation or Concordance to review, tag, redact, or produce electronic documents. After setting up the database, I can import the document load file information, link the document metadata to the image and text files, and review the documents just as seemlessly as if I’d spent thousands on a litigation support program.
The developer is very responsive, and seems very committed to improving War Room to make it even better. I love that there is such an affordable Mac solution to my document review needs. If you have a large electronic document review to do on your Mac, and don’t want to spend thousands installing Parallels, Windows, and Summation or Concordance, this is absolutely the solution you’ve been looking for. He’s working on importing native Summation load files (.dii). Once that feature is included, War Room will be the complete document review solution I’ve been searching years to find.
load files on the mac
Gave this five stars despite the fact that it is not especially intuitive to use because it is the only example of its kind and, as the other reviewer points out, makes it possible to deal with PC e-discovery material without using a PC and without spending thousands of dollars on Concordance or the equivalent. Developer is also extremely responsive.
Enterprise-class e-discovery solution under 30 bucks
I’m the principal of a litigation support services firm. This is a powerful application has all the features and capabilities to improve our workflow at a fraction of the cost of far more expensive solutions. Added bonus: it features customer support that’s courteous, knowledgable, and lightning fast.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.