Washington Post Classic for iPhone
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy every story, feature and insight from The Washington Post with our classic app for iPhone and Apple Watch.
Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, PLUS complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Scan top headlines for must-read stories. Get fresh perspectives on the world from Post bloggers. Read stories wherever you are with convenient offline reading.
This app brings you everything daily Washington Post readers enjoy—along with extra benefits for added mobile convenience.
• D.C. METRO NEWS: Learn what’s going on in the nation’s capital with stories about D.C. and the surrounding metro area.
• APPLE WATCH: Enjoy the newest way to get your news, with high-powered visuals, browse-and-tap headlines and breaking-news alerts.
• TOP HEADLINES: Quickly browse the day’s top headlines and read the full story—with just a tap of the finger.
• BLOGS: Find out what The Post’s most insightful bloggers have to say about everything from politics to sports to pop culture.
• OFFLINE READING: Save your must-read articles to “My Post” for offline reading when it’s convenient for you.
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The All-New Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
• AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
What's New in Version 2.10.2
• Bug fixes
• New on iOS9: We're rolling out support for Universal Links, so getting into and out of the app is easier than ever
• Better background-update reliability
• Voiceover improvements
• Plus assorted performance improvements
Washington Post App
I like this app. I can scroll through the stories easily to find the articles I want to read. The headlines are sometimes misleading in that the article often has a slant different from what I might expect from the headline. This is on the editors and not the app.
The search capability is decent.
I tend to read the post more than I expected to when I first loaded this app. This is a good thing: my previous bias was "I wanted to hold the paper in my hand."
This app now constitutes the majority of my iPhone usage. Who'd a thunk?
My needs are simple for an app to read this "paper". I'm not very demanding for slick or sophisticated features. I like it.
One star for greed
Mr. Bezos expects you to PAY to read the articles. However, you can get most of the same news stories for FREE on the apps offered by USA Today or The NY Times. The traditional newspaper business is under siege because paper and ink is not timely and way too expensive for most consumers. Face it, the Internet and TV are far more timely and cost effective as a news delivery system. The Washington Post's writers and content are superb. But the best way to monetize that content is to develop a huge following for it, and then sell advertising to that valuable audience. This app won't sell because people don't like paying for stuff they can easily get elsewhere for free. Please wake up and smell the coffee, Mr. Bezos. The subscription business model for online news is doomed to failure. Make this app free. Generate eyeballs or perish!
The news I need to Know
I've always liked the Washington Post for breaking news and analysis. I like the arts and book review sections of the paper. The refresh rate much improved in the latest update. The Washington Post iPhone App is easier on battery life than other news apps.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 2.10.2
- Size: 43.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © 1996-2015 The Washington Post Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99