The Washington Post Classic for iPhone
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, PLUS complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Scan top headlines for must-read stories. Get fresh perspectives on the world from Post bloggers. Save articles for offline reading in MyPost.
• TOP HEADLINES: Quickly browse the always updating feed of today’s news and read each story in full.
• D.C. METRO NEWS: Learn what’s going on in the nation’s capitol with stories about D.C. and the surrounding metro area.
• LIVE: Follow along with our live blog coverage for up-to-the-minute updates on breakng news and events, and watch live events as they happen.
• APPLE WATCH: Along with breaking news alerts and notifications, enjoy one story per day curated and displayed through images on the Watch. We call it Big Story, Small Screen, and we hope you love it.
• BLOGS: Find out what The Post’s most insightful bloggers have to say about everything from politics to sports to pop culture.
• OFFLINE READING: Save your favorite and must-read articles to “My Post” for offline reading.
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to the Washington Post Classic iPad app and The All-New Washington Post App, available on iPhone and iPad.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
• AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
What's New in Version 3.0.2
3.0.2 fixes a bug that kept some articles from getting updates and corrections.
3.0 is a major release, with hundreds of enhancements, bug fixes, and features, including:
Browse and swipe between our main sections in Latest News. New layout options for stories bring the most important items together. Sections brings our entire catalog to your fingertips. MyPost highlights your saved articles and breaking news alerts for reading when you're ready.
Have a few favorite blogs you check on every day? Hate scrolling to the bottom of the list for Photography or ComPost? Now, your last five visited sections are pinned to the top, so your favorites stay front and center.
Sections load twice as fast, and update up to 5x faster than our previous version. Now, you're only a second away from the latest news.
This release is optimized for iOS 10, including our new Widget, which shows up to three top stories in Apple's new design.
Five new sections were added, and tons more were refreshed with new types of stories.
Almost too many to list. We included fixes to many of the leading crashes and errors handling different types of stories.
We're going to be upgrading this app later this year as a Universal app, bringing this new design and speed improvement to the iPad. Our current iPad app will become The Washington Post Print Edition, concentrating on giving the best experience for readers of the Print Edition.
We're excited to finally let you see what we've been working on for the last few months. Questions? Comments? Praise? Send us a note at iPhoneClassic@washpost.com.
Best political investigative reporting
Few sources are still questioning sources and producing old fashion non-partisan reporting. The Post has stuck with that model and stayed away from news shaped by opinions. I appreciate bias free investigative reporting. To me, that's what news should be. I want to hear the fact and form my own opinion.
My morning ritual
Love the app, love the convenience of reading the news on something that is just a few inches wide and long instead of a huge newspaper that gets spread over everything, and the daily waste of that paper.
Very good for what it does
This app is in no way a substitute for the print or online editions of the Post, but as a quick way to access (and forward, if desired) the top stories of the hour, it's great.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 22, 2016
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 64.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © 1996-2015 The Washington Post Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99