Washington Post Print Edition
By The Washington Post
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
THE WASHINGTON POST PRINT EDITION
Enjoy a digital replica of each day’s print edition, down to every photo and special insert. Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, as well as complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Read stories wherever you are with convenient offline reading. This app brings you everything daily Washington Post readers enjoy—along with extra benefits for added mobile convenience.
For our Digital Edition, please download The Washington Post Classic, now optimized for iOS 10 with multitasking, breaking news alerts, Spotlight and iMessage integration, and much more.
▪ PRINT EDITION: Flip through The Washington Post right on your iPad with our digital replica of each day’s print newspaper.
▪ MYPOST: Save your must-read articles for offline reading when it’s convenient for you.
▪ INTELLIGENT DOWNLOADING: We'll learn which sections you read the most, and download them in the background every morning. Don't read a section? We'll keep it off your device to free space, and keep it available if you'd like to read it.
▪ ARCHIVE: Browse the last two weeks of Print Editions. See the top stories and lead images of the day.
▪ OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
▪ EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The All-New Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
▪ PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
▪ AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store.
▪ TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
Questions? Comments? Please let us know at iPadClassic@washpost.com.
What's New in Version 4.6.0
This release includes fixes and improvements for users on iOS 11.
Update causes login problems...the App update process is primitive and unfriendly
Every time the app is updated, download results in the newspaper requires fresh log on in order to activate. This is a royal pain. Why can’t WAPPO fix this so that a regular paying customer who has read the paper a day ago and with a updated version of the same app has to start logging in all over again? When I tried to log in and had problems, I called the WAPO number that sent me (a very long time Washington DC resident of 4 decades) to a handler in the Philippines who asked me for all my email addresses and wanted to check those against a “data base”. This is not only weird, but also a ploy to obtain email addresses from unwary customers. I asked to register a formal complain and the person at the other end resisted (operator number 8448, “John” is the so-called supervisor who wanted all my data including my full name and all email addresses I use, but would not even give me his last name). Unethical business practice by WAPO!
This is good app. Quit whining.
This is one of the best apps for newspaper/mags. I give it four stars because I am sure there can be more improvements. I add a half star because the WP continues to improve the app. Then I add another 1/2 to take the score to a full 5 because of those who complain because they have a slow computer, or no band width or don't like the Post reporting or just like to whine.
I particularly like that I can search by columnist or feature. My high preference is the print edition. I don't come here for breaking news during the day because I don't think that is their shtick. It may be.
Criminy, this is the Internet with its foibles and temperament. We are grading only the app. Let's giv'em credit, a high five!
When I travel I look for higher speed times/places to download the paper so I'll have it when I have time to read. Switching from paper to digital is very difficult. Paper is comfortable. Slowly I am making the transition thanks to the WP.
Needs a back button and faster downloads
I love being able to read the print layout, and the app works very well. Two issues:
1. After following a page link in the print layout, we need a quick way to go back to the original page. Easy fix: make the "continued from page A1" text a link that brings us back to the originating page. Other obvious solution: add a 'back' button in the top left, and put the 'sections' link in the top middle.
2. Opening the app in the morning it takes over half a minute to even show the cover images of the sections. It should be possible to at least feed four jpegs in a tenth of a second while we wait for the section download to complete
And a last request: please offer a setting to show all photos in full color in the print layout. I would enjoy a splash of color, and I assume the original images are available in color.
Other than that, great app!
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 26, 2017
- Version: 4.6.0
- Size: 67.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99