The Washington Post Print Edition
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE WASHINGTON POST PRINT EDITION
Enjoy a digital replica of each day’s print edition, down to every photo and special insert. Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, as well as complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Read stories wherever you are with convenient offline reading. This app brings you everything daily Washington Post readers enjoy—along with extra benefits for added mobile convenience.
For our Digital Edition, please download The Washington Post Classic, now optimized for iOS 10 with multitasking, breaking news alerts, Spotlight and iMessage integration, and much more.
▪ PRINT EDITION: Flip through The Washington Post right on your iPad with our digital replica of each day’s print newspaper.
▪ MYPOST: Save your must-read articles for offline reading when it’s convenient for you.
▪ INTELLIGENT DOWNLOADING: We'll learn which sections you read the most, and download them in the background every morning. Don't read a section? We'll keep it off your device to free space, and keep it available if you'd like to read it.
▪ ARCHIVE: Browse the last two weeks of Print Editions. See the top stories and lead images of the day.
▪ OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
▪ EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The All-New Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
▪ PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
▪ AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store.
▪ TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
Questions? Comments? Please let us know at iPadClassic@washpost.com.
What's New in Version 4.1.2
* Comics UI Fixes
* Crash Fixes
Still my favorite way to read the news
I love reading the news laid out like the print edition without the newsprint ink and wasted paper. This app is great! Thank you Washington Post for continuing to present it this way!
One of the best things about a good newspaper is the editorial layout of the printed page. That's missing from just about every news app except this one. Flipping through the news on the typical app has all the pleasure of scanning a parts catalog, it's joyless effort. The traditional printed newspaper's daily layout represents a creative curation of the news and events that is stripped away when shoehorned into an app. Leafing through the pages of the paper our attention is caught by things we would miss buried in some cubbyhole within an app. In this "print" view of the Post we get that back!
Thank you for a great app and great newspaper! We can now enjoy the marvelous content of the Post as the editors intended.
Printed Paper in Digital Form
I love this app. The image of the page is clear and crisp even when you zoom in. At the bottom of each article that continues on another page is a link to jump to that page, so you don't have to manually swipe to that page. As a person who loves the design of a newspaper, the layout and presentation of the information, I am grateful to be able to read the paper on this app on the days I do not receive a printed addition. Although it can not replace the texture of a newspaper, this app is a must have for anyone that wants to read a newspaper as it is meant to be read.
Used the app for a 2-3 weeks and found navigation to be lacking and slightly awkward. I notice that the available memory on my iPad Air 2 was plummeting and discovered the Washing Post app accounted for over 1.9 GB (not a typo). I hadn't saved any articles and as far as I know past issues are not stored on the device. What accounts for the app's size? Those issues aside, content was at times unenlightening, un-engaging or annoying. The presidential elections are well over. Donald Trump is president. Recounts won't change that. His choice of appointments will be thoroughly vetted. So quit your pouting and go out and get some news! At the end of the day, the Washington Post just doesn't compare with the New York Times so why should I settle for less?
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 14, 2016
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 63.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99