Whether you have respiratory issues or are simply curious about the state of various pollutants (including effects from neighboring wildfires) in northern Nevada, WashoeAir has you covered.
With easy-to-read, color-coded information (sourced from government agencies such as the EPA, WCAQMD, and NDEP), you'll be able to tell at a glance whether conditions warrant closer inspection or not.
• Fixed an issue where air quality data would appear to "randomly" be unavailable.
• NOTE: This is expected to be the final pre-iOS 11 release.
• Fixed an issue relating to the unavailability of certain Washoe County data during the summer.
• Fixed a text overlap issue on the settings screen (iOS7/4" display)
• Fixed a text sizing issue when the air conditions are "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups" and there are Washoe County Burn Codes
• Modified the Review Request process slightly to allow permanent opt-out ("Don't show me again") on the 2nd showing. It turns out that if you leave a review "outside" (that is, without clicking on the alert), it continues to ask. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank you to EVERYONE who left a review! This update is for you.
• New Settings options!
• Notifications: General frequency has been reduced. Current state of app notifications are presented in the settings page. Thanks to Lauren, Jasper, and everyone else who noted the unintentional volume of alerts.
• Option for Light/Dark text - thanks "So Reno"!
• Landscape mode (iPad only) - thanks, Chmnk!
• New option to manually enter zip code, so if you want to see data from elsewhere (assuming data is available), you can! Thanks ch@rle5!
• Incorporation of the NDEP (Nev. Dept. of Environ. Protection) data. If your current location is identified as (or manually input for) Carson City, Fernley, or Fallon, you can get near-realtime data that's local to you!
• Return of the Washoe County Burn Codes. If you're in Washoe County and burn solid-fuel for heat and/or ambiance, you care about the Burn Code program from the Air Quality District. That information has returned to the app and is now available at a glance.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
• Misc bug fixes including an intermittent crash on startup and improper color coding for AirNow data events
• Tweaked the information layout on iPhone to make it larger and easier to read
• Changed O3 label to Ozone to more fully name the value
• Prevented a rare but annoying crash involving AirNow data delivery
• Re-branded throughout - new logos, new graphics
• Native iPad support!
• Social sharing! Facebook, Twitter, email... just a tap away.
• More detailed breakdown of AQI information when available (Ozone and Particles)
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Info available when you need it.
Some of the add backgrounds are too busy, it makes it not as easily read. But the information is great to have at your fingertips particularly during fire season (and inversion time too I'm sure).
I'm outside every day and with one click I can see the temperature plus the air quality. Easy to use.
Ui is different but it works!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.