Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
By MP Digital, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
From the Producer of the original Fallout comes Wasteland 2, the sequel to the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG.
The Wasteland's hellish landscape is waiting for you to make your mark... or die trying. With over 80 hours of gameplay, you will deck out your Desert Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone, test the limits of your strategy skills, and bring justice to the wasteland.
• One Size Does Not Fit All: Don't feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open!
• Decision Making... with Consequences: With both short and long term reactivity, your choices ripple outwards, changing the game's events and forever altering the lives of those in the wasteland.
• Huge & Customizable: Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on your Rangers' appearance. Over 150 weapons. No two players will have the same experience.
Steam Features: Wasteland 2 supports Cloud Saving so you can sync your saves across multiple computers!
Director's Cut New Features:
• Complete Graphics Overhaul: Rebuilt in Unity 5, Wasteland 2's environments and characters have been updated to take advantage of the latest graphics technologies.
• Perks &: Quirks: Customize your squad even more! Perks & Quirks are special personality traits you can use to give your characters even more life, with their own unique bonuses... and drawbacks.
• Precision Strikes: Fire on your enemies and debilitate them with tactical attacks! Cripple a leg to slow an enemy down, fire on their gun to blast it to bits, or aim for the head to knock them senseless – or blow it clean off.
• Expanded Voice Over: Over 8,000 lines of new voice-over dialog have been added for the game's characters and companions, bringing the Wasteland to life like never before.
• OS: Mac OSX 10.6 or higher
• Processor: Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz
• Memory: 4 GB RAM
• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 300 Series or Radeon equivalent or Intel HD Graphics (512 MB VRAM)
• Storage: 30 GB available space
It’s a good game, but be wary
I bought this game with the hopes of a compelling, XCOM style, Fallout adventure. I did get that, but to those who are buying the game, be wary of a few things.
1. Its very VERY hard. Be prepared to lose combatants early when you start to play. The gameplay, while intuative, is difficult and has a brutal curve.
2. Not as customizable as i wanted. Not necessarily an issue, but your characters can’t be that varied and lack an element of care. XCOM 2 has a better customization system and character models.
3. You will want to restart a lot. The first areas are exceptionally hard and you may want to restart to reroll your characters stats.
Overall, the experience is very tight, but is hindered by poor character models and custom characters. Too hard for many as well. It truly is like an older Baldur’s Gate game or Fallout.
super annoying inventory interface
The inventory interface is super annoying. The number of steps required to do something very simple is crazy. Want to upgrade a gun? Give the gun over to the person with the upgrade skill, give the upgrade to the same person, perform the upgrade, give the gun back, re-equip it. Thats a lot of dragging and dropping for something pretty simple. Similarly, you spend a ton of time passing ammo around between characters. Super annoying. Worst of all, I had a character go unconscious and needed to revive her. But she had the kit I needed to revive a person. But, I couldn’t get it from her because she was unconscious and she is locked out of inventory. So she died. Then I could get her inventory off her dead body. :/
The amount of time managing inventory really detracts from the game.
Great Game - I’m not sure about the below comment
I’ve read many comments about this game , and I’ve yet to have a crash or any issue . I’ve yet to have any issue with the game run great , no delays , i’m running it on my 13 inch retina macbook pro. and setting are on good with no problems. You do get system lag after about 8 hours of play which makes since.
- Category: Games
- Released: May 19, 2016
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 9.91 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: MP Digital, LLC
- © 2014-16 inXile Entertainment. Published on Mac by MacPlay.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor