Exclusive NFL Network programming and NFL RedZone* is now available to fans living in the United States. Using an iPhone** or iPad, fans can watch their favorite NFL content live with a subscription to a participating cable provider.
The app features live streaming access to news, highlights, and shows on NFL Network including:
* Live Thursday Night Football Games
* All Preseason games (either live or re-aired)
* Comprehensive coverage of NFL events such as the NFL Scouting Combine, NFL Draft, Free Agency, and NFL Training Camp
* Original, Emmy award-winning series from NFL Films
* NFL Network shows including: NFL Total Access, A Football Life, Good Morning Football, NFL GameDay and more!
* Plus, for eligible subscribers: Get access to live streaming NFL RedZone every Sunday during the Regular Season
*Access to NFL Redzone requires a programming package with your provider that includes NFL RedZone
**Data usage apples for app download and use
Bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
The NFL Network application provides easy to view access to the sports channel with the ability to log in via your cable provider and proceed to watching either the main NFL Network or Red Zone programming. The app is easy to use when watching a program as you can enlarge for a full screen or keep a small screen. Users can also view the complete schedule for that day and the upcoming days. The app is pretty bare bones and could use some enhancement such as push notification options for programs a viewer may want to see and maybe a section for NFL programs that aired during the week that you missed but want to watch at the moment. The NFL Network is a good start with the ball at the 20 but has a long way to go in scoring a touchdown for the users.
App needs A LOT of work - FRUSTRATING to say the least!
While the idea of watching a live football game is wonderful, being ABLE to do so with this App would be even more wonderful. It's impossible to watch a game (like today's Baltimore @ Steelers Christmas Day game) without paused or completely broken connections, missed plays, having the commercials voices completely voicing over the game announcers call & on-field action, cutting to a commercial in the middle of a play, etc., etc., etc.
What's the sense of the App if it doesn't even remotely work properly? For example, for those away from home like myself right now, trying to watch the game on my iPad or iPhone (with a solid internet signal) away from home where I'd otherwise be watching the game in my living room on DirecTV without frustration.
The App needs MAJOR improvements. Very, very disappointed.
OK, so it took nearly ten minutes for the login screen to appear so I could actually input my email and password. Many other apps (like HBO) use the TV/cable provider app to authenticate your subscription credentials, so you don't have to put them in all of these separate apps.
Credentials are good, but before the stream launches, I need to sit through 2-3 minutes of commercials. Fine, I guess.
Get to the game. It's 3rd down, so I watch one play and then a punt...and more commercials. This is a NFL game, so I'm conditioned to commercials on commercials.
Game comes back (after the same commercials I've seen 4 times in 15 minutes) and it's already 2nd down.
A minute or two later, it's the two minute warning. Mike Tirico says "back in 30 seconds," which I laughed, because it was already 3rd down when the game returned from the same 4 ads they had been running all night.
I understand the need for commercials. I do. But when they cut into the actual live product I'd like to watch, then I have issues.
- NFL Enterprises LLC
- 63.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 NFL Enterprises LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.