With the new Mixer app, you can do more than just watch — you can take part in the action! Direct game choices, place objects, select sounds and much more. Join now to experience the future of live, interactive streaming for games like: Minecraft, the Telltale Crowd Play series (Guardians of the Galaxy, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2, Batman & The Walking Dead) Killing Floor 2, Death’s Door, Hello Neighbor, & more!
- Participate in your favorite streams by influencing or changing the streamer’s gameplay
- Interact and chat with less than a second of latency. That’s Faster Than Light (FTL) technology.
- Customize your content by following to find what you want faster
Mixer is more than just a streaming app – it’s a streaming community. We want to hear from you about what you want to see in the app. Give us any feedback you have on Twitter @WatchMixer or at https://aka.ms/mixermobilediscord.
- This update includes significant improvements to video playback, memory and data consumption.
- Clips: The ability to modify and delete your clips
- Universal links - links can now open on the mobile app
- Unfollow prompt to prevent accidental unfollows
- Brand new first-run experience
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Warning - Social Media Sharing is not enabled
This application is fairly ok however it fails to deliver some key features which this mobile application is created for and advertising..... Sharing. The app clearly focuses on its ability to share its broadcasts through a wide range of social media outlets, however when an attempt is made to share, via Facebook or a “link” it does not work in the least. Although I enjoy sharing and broadcasting content especially when I am able to edit from online content for uploads, I would love to be able to share on the fly via social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook. This can be an essential tool for those who make a career or as a hobby enthusiast however using this app further dampers and makes difficult of what could otherwise be an amazing sharing and broadcasting experience. I give this mobile application one star, for many reasons, mainly to grab the attention of serious broadcasters as well as developers in the hopes that they may
Improve the app and bring it up to the standards that we can enjoy and become much more productive as well as increase our followers and presence in the social community as a Gaming community. 1 Star
Glimpse of Potential
Mixer would be awesome if they’d fix some simple problems. There’s no way to make the overlay completely go away while you’re streaming. Ever try playing Cuphead with something blocking part of the screen? There’s also no way to scrub through your saved streams on Xbox One, so you can’t show people something in a stream unless you sit there and watch the entire stream. Also, when you find a streamer you like, there’s no way to friend them on Xbox live from their channel. Which is weird, since it’s now Microsoft’s streaming platform on their console. It can be a pain typing in crazy gamertags manually. The phone app is only good for watching streams, and that’s about it. As far as I can tell, you can’t even watch your past vods on it. This stuff shouldn’t be happening, Mixer has been out for awhile now and these are basic issues that should’ve been addressed. I hope they fix everything, because Mixer is really easy to fire up and stream from, and the platform is really solid with high quality streaming. -Kandarr
Problem 1: the app (phone) won't load my friends' broadcasts. Multiple of my friends, who are on different servers i.e. West coast and east coast and have great internet speeds, wanted to broadcast a madden gameplay but, when I clicked on one' channel it was a seemingly forever loading screen. I figured I'd try my other friend's but, it kept pulling me back to the channel I was first on. I closed the app and went to one the featured broadcast and it worked fine.
Problem 2: I tried to search for my friends' channel but, it was extremely difficult and I forget how exactly I did it however, when I typed in their gt EXACTLY how it's spelled nothing would pop up except the suggested channels.
I haven't been able to use the phone app successfully yet. I've tried on an iPad, iOS 11, first then tried on my iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3, and neither would load my friends gameplay.
At first I wanted to see their game but, it got to the point where I wanted to troubleshoot and I came to the conclusion it cannot be useful on my handheld devices.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 81.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.