WatchChat is the first app that allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch. You only need to scan a QR code and then you are ready to roll!
With WatchChat, you can
- access all of your WhatsApp chats (and group chats)
- reply to chats via keyboard, quick replies, dictation and scribble
- use a variety of different keyboard layouts*
- view pictures (and zoom into them in native resolution)
- listen to voice messages
- customize quick replies and chat font size
- start a new chat right from the Watch
- archive chats
The currently supported keyboard layouts are:
- QWERTY (English)
- QWERTY (Español)
- QWERTZ (Deutsch)
- QWERTY (Italiano)
- AZERTY (Français)
Setting up the app for the first time only takes 4 simple steps:
- open the app on your Apple Watch
- open WhatsApp
- in WhatsApp, go to "Settings" > "WhatsApp Web/Desktop" > "Scan QR Code"
- scan the QR code that will appear on your Apple Watch after 10-30 seconds
- if a popup comes up, just try again, it will work out eventually :)
As this is a 3rd-party-app, I would really appreciate if you had suggestions for further development so I can take your ideas into consideration. If you encounter issues while using the app, don't hesitate to contact me, I am more than happy to help.
Please keep in mind that, as the app isn’t officially affiliated with WhatsApp, available features and functionality are subject to change. To keep up with everything, the app has been updated about once per week since its release in 2017 - I am always looking for ways to offer new features or improve the existing ones.
- improved launch time
- added ABC keyboard for English - if you want your language in there, send me an email with the characters you need and I will add it in the next update
- added Portugese translation
Ratings and Reviews
Here are things you can and cannot do with this app on your watch: you will get all notification perfectly, you can open all the conversations you have, open a voice message, type a message (only in English unfortunately), record a voice message to become a typed message (also in English only), replay with any emoji you want, open and zoom a picture, send a quick reply (you can set your own), send a scribble. You cannot: make a voice call (but you will get a notification after someone call you), type or record a message other than English (very sadly).
For me, this app deserves a 5 star for having these amazing features, but i still really wish if i can make a voice call or at least type or record a message in my language (Arabic). I hope Arabic language will be add soon by the developer.
I hope you guys find this review helpful!
Not worth it.. and not needed.
I purchased this app last night thinking that it would improve the way I communicate on WhatsApp through my watch. But it doesn’t even send WhatsApp notifications to your watch. You have to open the app on your watch, refresh it, wait a few seconds, and then you can see the conversation. I guess that’s the only purpose of this app - to see the full conversation of a chat - and I’m not sure why you would need to do that. It’s much easier to just use the WhatsApp notifications that you already get on your watch from WhatsApp and respond that way. This app doesn’t allow you to do that because there are no notifications. Therefore, this app is pretty much useless and certainly not needed.
Best Watch App for WhatsApp
It’s not perfect but I’ve tried all of the watch apps for WhatsApp and this is the best out there and it gets better every day. The developer is quick to respond to issues and releases updates regularly. Easy and quick to send and receive messages and photos, soon it’ll have the ability to send voice messages, I can’t wait!
- Alexander Nowak
- 39.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Alexander Nowak
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.