The WatchMate App connects with your Vesper Marine AIS Transponder to place remote control functionality and situational awareness in the palm of your hand on your iPhone or on your iPad.
The WatchMate App becomes the user interface for configuring and remote control of your Vesper Marine AIS Transponder, especially where it does not have its own display such as the Vesper Marine XB-8000.
- View AIS Targets received by your Vesper Marine AIS Transponder.
- Setup and manage collision prevention alarm profiles.
- Manage your MOB alarms.
- Control and view your Anchor Watch alarm.
- View your AIS Transponder's own GPS Position, Course and Speed.
- Check the operational status of your AIS Transponder.
- Remote control of your AIS Transponder settings.
- Switch easily between Silent Mode and Normal Transmitting mode.
- Configure your Vessel's AIS Static data. (MMSI, Call Sign, Vessel Type, Vessel Size)
- Perform firmware upgrades.
Note: iPhone4 devices will need a transponder firmware update first to be able to reliably perform firmware upgrades. The feature is automatically disabled in the app on an iPhone4, and will automatically be made available once the device is loaded with the firmware to support it - V3.2 and up.
Connects to your WatchMate device's WIFI access point or by being on the same wifi network.
- Supports Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS Transponder.
- Supports Vesper Marine WatchMate Vision®.
The complex nature of our innovative WatchMate App makes coding mishaps difficult to eliminate despite the superhuman efforts of our developers so please remember Vesper Marine does not warrant that this product is error-free. As the adventurous user it's your job to exercise common sense and the best navigational judgement you can muster up. Although we think the WatchMate App is awesome nothing beats using all your human senses, so best you still rely on these at least as much as you rely on the WatchMate App for making navigational safety decisions. Our advice is; even with the WatchMate App it’s still a clever idea to maintain a permanent watch and use more than one aid for navigation.
By installing and using this WatchMate App you are choosing to do so entirely at your own risk which also means you fully accept any associated risks and agree to hold Vesper Marine Limited harmless as described in the End User License Agreement.
- No longer offers download of new firmware when device firmware is up to date
- App no longer fails when dealing with a large number of targets
- Minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app for an excellent device
Vesper’s AIS unit is excellent, and this app enables essentially full remote control of the device. It appears very reliable, and I find it extremely useful when on passage, as well as when anchored. So, almost always...
Vesper’s Vision unit has a very well thought out anchor alarm, and being able to quickly see the anchor alarm display when away from the nav station is very useful.
Ditto for AIS data, of course...
Highly recommended for Vesper AIS owners.
Must-own app for VesperMarine AIS!
If you own a VesperMarine AIS, then you'll want this app on your phone/pad. My Watchmate Vision is down at the navstation because I didn't want that many more wires being routed through the binnacle. This app makes it easy to use the new anchor watch system when dropping the anchor.
The addition of the plotter view took this app from merely useful to fantastic. Now it functions as a great backup to the chartplotter while at sea.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.