Watcht is a Movie and TV Show Information & Tracking App powered by Trakt.tv.
You can browse information without a Trakt account, however you will need one to sync and update your watch history, watch list, and ratings etc. Using a Trakt account means that all your history is available on all your devices with Trakt access, including available on Trakt.tv on the web.
Some things of note that you can do:
• Explore lists of Trending, Popular etc. Movies and TV Shows.
• Search for Movies and TV Shows.
• Access Movie and TV Show information, ratings, and comments.
• Keep a Watch List of Movies and TV Shows to watch.
• Mark Movies and TV Shows as watched.
• Check in to Movies and TV Show episodes.
• Schedule a Check in reminder for Movies.
• Keep track of which episodes to watch next.
• View your Movie and TV Show history.
• Comment on Movies, TV Shows, Seasons, Episodes, and Lists.
• Create, edit, view and manage Custom Lists of Movies, TV Shows & People.
• Access a calendar of Movie and Episode release/air dates.
• Get notified about upcoming Episodes in your Calendar.
• View a list of recommended Movies and TV Shows.
• Choose from Dark, Light, or Original Themes.
• Import some information from IMDb.
Please note that Watcht allows you to view information, however you can not actually watch the Movies or TV Show episodes within the app.
Have any feedback, suggestions, or features you think are missing, or found a bug?
Get in touch with email: email@example.com or on Twitter: @watchtapp.
Watcht is free to use, and doesn't contain any ads, however if you enjoy the app, consider contributing an amount to say thanks via the Contribute section in the Settings.
Note: Some icons provided by icons8.com.
• Now displaying IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, and Metacritic ratings for Movies and Shows, where available, within their overviews. Additionally, added the DVD release date for Movies, where available.
• Support for filtering Explore list results by things such as year, genre, country and ratings. Additionally you can filter results by your personal watch status.
• Support for filtering and sorting custom lists, personal and otherwise, by your personal watch status.
• Updated Watch List filtering to be similar to the Explore layout with separate lists rather than turning types on and off.
• Added option in the Settings to display the count of items for the Watch List tabs.
• Added Setting with the ability to choose default Explore Tab (Switch between Movies and TV Shows tab).
• Added support for viewing emoji in comments since the Trakt API started supporting shortcode emoji such as :heart: to display the heart emoji. Using emoji when creating comments is also supported, without needing to use the shortcode, it's up to you!
• Fixed an issue potentially preventing the ability to edit or delete your own comments.
• Fixed an issue relating to inaccurate search results with content that included apostrophes.
• Added support for importing “TV Movies” and “TV Mini Series” through the IMDb importer, along with batching requests to avoid issues when importing a lot of items.
• Added the ability to turn off the “Readable” layout, which when turned off will extend content to the edges of the screen on wide devices such as the 12.9” iPad Pro. Adjusted via Profile > Settings > Readable Layout. A restart of the app is required for that toggle to kick in.
• Added an option to switch to a “condensed” layout within the Watcht Show Progress Screen. Toggle it within that screen’s more button (•••) options.
• Added option to sort the Watched Progress screen by recently/previously aired, as you can with the Up next to watch section.
• Added support to display the total number of episodes behind as a badge on the app. Toggled via Profile > Settings > Episode Behind Count App Badge.
• Added a “See all” link to your history via the “Recently Watched” section on the Dashboard.
• Added support for swiping on items in several list style screens to display an option to remove items from the list as an alternative to tap-holding for options. Screens include History, Collection, and Ratings.
• Added support for viewing the list of your “Liked” lists. Accessed from Lists > Tap Title Button > Switch to Liked Lists.
As usual, thanks to everyone who has sent feedback, suggestions, bugs, and submitted ratings and/or reviews. Also a big thank you to everyone who has contributed any amount. Your support means a lot! Please continue to enjoy the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Best TV Show and Movie Tracking App!
I cannot believe it took so long for a great, useful tracking app to come out in the App Store. Such a novel idea, but while many other similar apps failed to execute a user-friendly app, Watcht absolutely crushed it! This app is amazing. I can’t say enough good things about it. It’s great that it syncs with my Trakt account as well. The developers are great at listening to their app users, too. Last time I rated this app, I made a couple of suggestions and they added them and also guided me through whatever features that they already had that I didn’t realize how to use. I use this app almost daily!
One additional suggestion: Would it be possible to add Rotten Tomato ratings?
Developer Response ,
Hey again graceyyy, thanks for the awesome follow up review!
As for your Rotten tomatoes suggestion, it’s on my list to support at some point, but unsure when just yet!
Hey graceyyy, first of all, thanks for the great review! Second, thank you for the suggestions.
I’m sure you’ve already found out, but v1.4 included notifications for Calendar Episodes, and v1.5 has improved the information slightly!
I assume that by Watch List you’re talking about your “Up next to watch” section on the Dashboard. If so, you can tap hold on shows there for an option to hide it. You can hide specific seasons via the Show Progress screen (tap See all in that same section) and tap hold those for hide options.
You can sort that list via the more button (•••) in the same section mentioned above.
For seeing which episodes are watched more easily, I’d love to improve that at some point if you’d be happy to send me some additional info (screenshots etc) of where you’re talking about.
Finally, check out the Guide, via the Profile Tab > Settings > Watcht Guide, for more info on the above and feel free to send anything through to firstname.lastname@example.org, as it’ll be easier to manage your suggestions there!
This new trakt app is really good and shows lots of series and movie details. You can add or delete it from your Trakt account. But two features that I would like to see added to it. The ability to notify you of a series episode that just aired. Also would be nice to see if the series has been cancelled too.
The developer explained about the 2 features that I put in my review and how to get to enable them. Thanks so much great app and I highly recommend it. Keep the good work up.
Developer Response ,
Hey Robertp36, thanks for the great review and suggestions!
If I could direct you to the Watcht Guide, via Profile > Settings > Watcht Guide, and to the “Calendar Episode Notifications” section, that should be able to run you through setting up the notifications you’re after.
As for the Show Status, that’s available, starting in v1.6, in the Show Overview and, before v1.6, within the Show Progress screen (check out the Guide for access instructions) once you’ve finished a show.
Feel free to get in touch via email@example.com for any clarification!
The Trakt App I Have Been Waiting For
I am a heavy Trakt user and this app is a little easier to use than the actual Trakt website. It seamlessly synchronizes your account information. I use multiple services to watch tv and this makes it so easy to keep track of what I have watched and what’s up next. The app is very organized and easy to use. There is not an aspect of your Trakt account that can be controlled or accessed by this great app.
- Tyson Kerridge
- 56.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Tyson Kerridge
- In-App Purchases
- Contribution $0.99
- Contribution $2.99
- Contribution $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.