Watcht is a Movie and TV Show Information & Tracking App powered by Trakt.tv.
You can browse information without a Trakt account, however you will need one to sync and update your watch history, watch list, and ratings etc. Using a Trakt account means that all your history is available on all your devices with Trakt access, including available on Trakt.tv on the web.
Some things of note that you can do:
• Explore lists of Trending, Popular etc. Movies and TV Shows.
• Search for Movies and TV Shows.
• Access Movie and TV Show information, ratings, and comments.
• Keep a Watch List of Movies and TV Shows to watch.
• Mark Movies and TV Shows as watched.
• Check in to Movies and TV Show episodes.
• Schedule a Check in reminder for Movies.
• Keep track of which episodes to watch next.
• View your Movie and TV Show history.
• Comment on Movies, TV Shows, Seasons, Episodes, and Lists.
• Create, edit, view and manage Custom Lists of Movies, TV Shows & People.
• Access a calendar of Movie and Episode release/air dates.
• Get notified about upcoming Episodes in your Calendar.
• View a list of recommended Movies and TV Shows.
• Choose from Dark, Light, or Original Themes.
• Import some information from IMDb.
Please note that Watcht allows you to view information, however you can not actually watch the Movies or TV Show episodes within the app.
Have any feedback, suggestions, or features you think are missing, or found a bug?
Get in touch with email: email@example.com or on Twitter: @watchtapp.
Watcht is free to use, and doesn't contain any ads, however if you enjoy the app, consider contributing an amount to say thanks via the Contribute section in the Settings.
Note: Some icons provided by icons8.com.
• Quick fix for some issues with the basic Trakt "Reset Progress" VIP feature support, added in 1.9, being out of sync in some cases.
Some other noteworthy changes in 1.9:
• Ability to switch default actions of the main buttons within overviews to make them "Add Now", or "At Release Date" etc.
• As Watcht is free and doesn’t contain any ads, I've added contribution section in the settings as an optional way to say thanks for the app.
• Sorting/Reordering of your list of Custom Lists.
• Swipe right on Episodes in the vertical list of the Up next to watch section for a gesture based history addition action.
If you haven't seen them, for a full list of changes from 1.9 (there were a lot, actually too many to even include them all here due to the length on top of the actual changes for this version), check out the Version History section's release notes for 1.9.
Thanks again to everyone who has sent feedback, suggestions, bugs, and submitted ratings and/or reviews. Please continue to enjoy the app, and further updates, and if you'd like to say thanks, head over to the Contribute section within the Settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Best TV Show and Movie Tracking App!
I cannot believe it took so long for a great, useful tracking app to come out in the App Store. Such a novel idea, but while many other similar apps failed to execute a user-friendly app, Watcht absolutely crushed it! This app is amazing. I can’t say enough good things about it. It’s great that it syncs with my Trakt account as well. The developers are great at listening to their app users, too. Last time I rated this app, I made a couple of suggestions and they added them and also guided me through whatever features that they already had that I didn’t realize how to use. I use this app almost daily!
One additional suggestion: Would it be possible to add Rotten Tomato ratings?
Developer Response ,
Hey again graceyyy, thanks for the awesome follow up review!
As for your Rotten tomatoes suggestion, it’s on my list to support at some point, but unsure when just yet!
Hey graceyyy, first of all, thanks for the great review! Second, thank you for the suggestions.
I’m sure you’ve already found out, but v1.4 included notifications for Calendar Episodes, and v1.5 has improved the information slightly!
I assume that by Watch List you’re talking about your “Up next to watch” section on the Dashboard. If so, you can tap hold on shows there for an option to hide it. You can hide specific seasons via the Show Progress screen (tap See all in that same section) and tap hold those for hide options.
You can sort that list via the more button (•••) in the same section mentioned above.
For seeing which episodes are watched more easily, I’d love to improve that at some point if you’d be happy to send me some additional info (screenshots etc) of where you’re talking about.
Finally, check out the Guide, via the Profile Tab > Settings > Watcht Guide, for more info on the above and feel free to send anything through to firstname.lastname@example.org, as it’ll be easier to manage your suggestions there!
This new trakt app is really good and shows lots of series and movie details. You can add or delete it from your Trakt account. But two features that I would like to see added to it. The ability to notify you of a series episode that just aired. Also would be nice to see if the series has been cancelled too.
The developer explained about the 2 features that I put in my review and how to get to enable them. Thanks so much great app and I highly recommend it. Keep the good work up.
Developer Response ,
Hey Robertp36, thanks for the great review and suggestions!
If I could direct you to the Watcht Guide, via Profile > Settings > Watcht Guide, and to the “Calendar Episode Notifications” section, that should be able to run you through setting up the notifications you’re after.
As for the Show Status, that’s available, starting in v1.6, in the Show Overview and, before v1.6, within the Show Progress screen (check out the Guide for access instructions) once you’ve finished a show.
Feel free to get in touch via email@example.com for any clarification!
Best app out there for tracking TV shows and movies. Uninstalled all the other tracking apps. One suggestion was
The TV show list (watched show progress) at a glance can see only 3 shows, could you make condensed layout which list the TV shows running age,it's status and no of seasons and episodes. Or any other place where I can watch only my watched shows list.
Developer Response ,
Hey Shreyast, thanks for the awesome review!
As for your suggestion, I’m unsure which list you’re talking about specifically. If it’s the “Up next to watch” section on the Dashboard, you can tap the more button (•••) on that section and switch to a vertical list (and optionally always expand it from there too) which might be what you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for other places to view all your Watched shows:
• “Watched Show Progress” screen (which maybe you were referring to) accessible by the “See all” on that Dashboard section mentioned previously.
• History screen via Profile Tab, tap the title of the screen (there’s a dropdown arrow) and choose “Shows (last play)”.
I could potentially add something else in the future with more specific details as you suggested, such as number of episodes/seasons and status.
If you’re after more details or have other suggestions etc, let me know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tyson Kerridge
- 51.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Tyson Kerridge
- In-App Purchases
- Contribution $4.99
- Contribution $2.99
- Contribution $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.