Watcht is a Movie and TV Show Information & Tracking App powered by Trakt.tv.
You can browse information without a Trakt account, however to sync and update your watch history you will need one. It also means that all your history is available on all your devices with Trakt access, including available on Trakt.tv on the web.
Some things of note that you can do:
• Explore lists of Trending, Popular etc. Movies and TV Shows.
• Search for Movies and TV Shows.
• Access Movie and TV Show information, ratings, and comments.
• Keep a Watch List of Movies and TV Shows to watch.
• Mark Movies and TV Shows as watched.
• Check in to Movies and TV Show episodes.
• Keep track of which episodes to watch next.
• View your Movie and TV Show history.
• Create, view and manage Custom Lists of Movies, TV Shows & People.
• Access a calendar of Movie & Episode release/air dates.
• View a list of recommended Movies and TV Shows.
Please note that Watcht allows you to view information, however you can not actually watch the Movies or TV Show episodes within the app.
Have any feedback, suggestions, or features you think are missing, or found a bug?
Get in touch with email: email@example.com or on Twitter: @watchtapp.
Note: Some icons provided by icons8.com.
• Added support for managing custom Lists! Accessed via the Watch List tab, you can view, create and delete lists, along with removing list items within lists. Add items to lists through the overview screens “Add to List” button and choosing the “Custom Lists…” option.
• The Collected Items screen has been updated to support item type filtering and sorting.
• The History screen has been updated to support item type filtering.
• Fixed a set of crashes when trying to use some actions within the action menus on iPad. Oops, again!
• Tapping on the bottom tabs will scroll you to the top if you’re already on the tab. On the Dashboard at the top, it will scroll the Up next to watch section to the beginning.
• Trying to add ratings or items to your history that aren’t released yet will warn you first.
• Fixed a silly issue causing Movie posters in the History screen from being displayed!
• Fixed an issue causing episode background images from falling back to their show’s image in cases where they might not have an image yet.
• Added an external link to IMDb Metacritic reviews to the list of movie external links.
Thank you once again to everyone who sent feedback, suggestions and bug reports!
Ratings and Reviews
I have been so unhappy with the app I had been using SeenIt and really didn’t want to pay $5 for the other one when it seemed just a little better than the SeenIt app. I just downloaded this app and I have already uninstalled the SeenIt app that I’ve been using for years. This app has so much potential! I love that I can track both TV shows and movies and the interface is pretty nice! Definitely room for improvement, but still so much better than all the other Trakt apps I’ve tried (at least the free apps)! I can’t wait to see where this app will be in a few more updated releases!
Edit: Just to make a few suggestions. 1) I would love to get notifications for the tv shows. The previous apps I used allowed me to be notified 15 mins before the show would air. 2) I would love to be able to archive shows from my watch list so that I can hide shows that have ended. 3) I would also like the option to sort Watch List by how many episodes I have left to watch. 4) would like to more easily tell when an episode has been marked as “watched”.
Thank you so much for your hard work!
I have used ITV for years but it kept being finicky so I recently took a look at other Apps. The GUI is very important to me just not the data. I also have no need to track movies as I use Netflix and IMDB to do that.
I downloaded this out of curiosity. I had downloaded TV Show Tracker a little over a day ago. For me TV Show Tracker is a much better App. The GUI is intuitive and has several features which make it stand out. It does occasionally freeze while trying to have other memory intensive Apps opening up or running. Hopefully that will be fixed. It sticks to the basics which I also like. I found it so convenient that I paid for full access, something I don’t normally do.
As others have pointed out, this is Free and includes movies but for me it lacks the functionality and flexibility I look for in a TV show App. Depending on your expectations, this might be a Five Star App for you.
The Trakt that we've all been looking for
This app is just a couple of weeks, but already on the second release, it's leaps and bounds above all of the other apps that connect with Trakt.
You can work with TV shows AND movies on the same app (novel idea, right!?), you can check in, rate, add to your collection, add to your watchlist, you can even set the watch date when marking something as watched; the works.
Things can only get better from here.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.