By Lake Ontario Waterkeeper
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** As seen on USA Today, CBC and CBC Radio, Huffington Post, LA Times, Water Canada, ABC News, Men's Journal, and Mashable. **
Swim Guide is a website and smartphone app. Swim Guide delivers free up-to-date water quality information for over 7,000 beaches, lakes, rivers, and swimming holes in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and New Zealand. We added the Bahamas to Swim Guide in 2017.
Swim Guide provides you with current recreational water quality information for your favourite beaches and swimming holes. Every beach is marked with a Green or Red icon so you know when the water at your favourite beach is clean for swimming and when the water quality is poor.
As of 2017, Swim Guide is the most popular beach information service in the world, with over 1-million all time users.
Finding a beach with clean, swimmable water for you and your family is easy with Swim Guide:
- Find the cleanest closest beaches to you by browsing the map or by searching
- Beach descriptions tell you about amenities, lifeguards, where to park, and everything else you need to know to enjoy a day at the beach.
- Green icon tells you your beach passed water quality tests
- Red icon tells you the water quality failed water quality test
- Date/time stamp tells you when a water quality status was last updated in Swim Guide
- Historical status tells you percentage of time that a beach passed water quality tests in the last year
- Source information section tells you who samples the water at each beach and what water quality guidelines apply
- Discover a wide variety of beaches, ranging from city parks to remote lakes ideal for camping
- Get directions to the beach of your choice
- Bookmark your favourite beaches for easy access
- Use the app to share beaches with your friends and family
- Original descriptions of 7,000 different beaches, so you can learn a bit of history and geography as you explore
Get involved! Use the Swim Guide to report pollution, support your local water organizations, and learn about the issues facing your homewaters.
Swim Guide is the only charity app of its kind, made by Swim Drink Fish Canada (formerly Lake Ontario Waterkeeper).
Visit us online for more info: www.theswimguide.org
What's New in Version 3.1.3
Various bug fixes and performance updates, plus all the great new features from our recent 3.1 release:
- Swim Guide is now available in English, French, and Spanish!
- Brand-new design
- Expanded search allows you to look up beaches by name, city, region, etc.
- Improved navigation of beach options
- New water quality status icons for current, historical, and special status
- Easier-to-use pollution reporting tool
- Connect directly with the local affiliate managing your favourite beach
- New sponsor page
- Improved integration with the new Swim Guide website
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 12, 2017
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 44.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Krystyn Tully
- © 2017 Swim Drink Fish Canada
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.