The DataMate™ Web app is a control panel to operate your Mobile WaterLink® Spin meter via Bluetooth® or connect to your WaterLink® Spin Touch.
--Mobile WaterLink Spin Users--
Pair your Mobile WaterLink Spin meter to your phone or tablet using the Bluetooth® control panel in Settings. Once paired, use this app to start a test. Results will appear directly on your device when the test is complete.
--Spin Touch Users--
For Spin Touch users, there's no need to pair the meter to your phone or tablet. Just run a test on the meter's touch screen and transfer the results to the app via the "Send" button.
--Stored Historical Test Data--
Stored within the app, the last 10 sets of test results are available for review at any time.
--Unlock your full potential with a DataMate™ Web Account.--
Using this app, log into your active DataMate Web account and utilize advanced features designed to aid Field Service Pool/Spa professionals with day-to-day activities:
• Download all assigned Work Orders within a two week window, or create new ones on the fly
• External app integration for turn-by-turn GPS directions to your customer’s location
• Collect test results from the Mobile WaterLink Spin lab, the WaterLink Spin Touch, or manually enter results to feed the on-board recommendation engine for step-by-step chemical treatment instructions directly on your device!
• Notify your customer via email with a professionally styled e-doorhanger detailing the completed water treatments and general service tasks, even include a photo of your choosing
• Work completely offline when needed and sync data with the DataMate™ Web server when cell service is available.
* Added support for the 104, 204, and 304 disk series.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve written a review for this app before, it wasn’t a good review. They’ve updated the app twice I think since the last review and I’m here to reinforce what I had said before.
Problems that NEED to be addressed and PERMANENTLY fixed.
1. SPEED - good Lord I’m so tired of waiting for 5-10 minutes for this app to actually do something. 95% of my time is spent watching a circle spinning acting like the app is doing some sort of rocket science or downloading some giant file. I’ve done almost 1000 SpinLab tests where I send results with my phone and the app has used a total of 2.1GB to this very moment so it’s not like it’s downloading much of anything. (Its slow all the time, even when I’m connected to WiFi with solid signal)
2. Crashing - While this is a newer problem it’s crashed on me 4 times so far just today (only been to 5 jobs)
3. Resetting(?) - Several times a day when I take a picture for the email it will send me back to the results screen where I see all the levels
4. Work in background - I know I have background apps enabled and hardly ever have my phone on low power mode so there’s no reason for me to have to stare at my phone waiting for the slow app to load.
I want to be able to say this is a top tier product like I know it was designed to be but when the customer looks outside only to see me sitting on the phone it doesn’t look good for me and when I say it’s because of an app that is required of me to use it doesn’t look good on the app.
If it was up to me, with all the problems we’ve had with this product, I would have found a new one by now.
Devs: Please peer review the code.. SOMETHING. Ask reddit ffs. The speed of this app tells me there’s some copy pasting going on or some ridiculous delay timers.
- THE LA MOTTE CHEMICAL PRODUCTS CO INC
- 57.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 LaMotte Chemical Products Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.