The WAVE Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* Choose between a Dark, Satellite or Light base map
* Next to the play button, toggle to view the timeline for past only, future only and combined past and future
* Press the 3 dots to access map layers options
* Press and hold on any Weather Condition, Storm Symbol or Alert and drag it into the Quick Pick area to quickly change weather layers without accessing all map layers options
* White eyeball added to Edit Locations screen to allow for simple location change
Ratings and Reviews
Gives me the weather when I need it
This app keeps getting better. The improvements they have made it my go to app for weather. The weather alerts are right on time for my area. The thing that I think I like the most is that it’s updated by WAVE’s meteorologists. So instead of waiting for updates from someplace far away from Louisville the info is updated up to the minute by weather experts who live in the area.
Overloaded with ads.
Don't let the screen caps in the app store fool you. They conveniently omit any ads. Believe me. This app is completely overloaded with way too many ads. So much so, they turn an otherwise functional app into a convoluted, distracting, and awkward experience. You even have to wait for a 15 second commercial to watch a video. That's a long time when you're looking for immediate updates about warnings and emergencies. I'd gladly pay to remove all ads. And change the startup graphic.
I just updated the app, and I find the radar some what confusing, because no matter how much I miss with what I want to be shown it doesn’t get any less cluttered, and it makes it hard to tell what’s what, and where it is moving, so if it’s not to much trouble, could you please Chang the radar back to the way it was.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.