Wave Study Bible®
By Wave Study Bible, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wave Bible is a simple and intuitive Bible reader. Swipe to switch between English translations and original languages. Tap a Greek word to display its meaning and parsing. Wave is all about making it easy for the average person to read and understand the Bible.
- GNT: Greek New Testament (free)
- KJV: King James Version (free)
- NET: New English Translation (free)
- GW: GOD'S WORD Translation (free)
Available for Purchase
- NASB: New American Standard Bible ($14.99)
- NKJV: New King James Version ($14.99)
- NIV: New International Version ($14.99)
- NIrV: New International Readers Version ($14.99)
- MSG: The Message ($14.99)
Available for Purchase in Next Release (Fall 2013)
- ESV: English Standard Version ($14.99)
- NLT: New Living Translation ($14.99)
- BHS: Hebrew Old Testament--Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia ($14.99)
What's New in Version 1.0.2
This version includes a new service to lock the screen in portrait mode. Also, a new setting in the settings app allows you to turn hyperscrolling on or off. When it is on and you scroll quickly you begin scrolling by chapter. Reliability enhancements were also added.
I have used this app for quite awhile now. Love it. Parallel with options for more is great. I hope future updates include:
• ability to have more bookmarks than 5 - or is there a setting I can't find for that?
• present text in paragraph formats if done so by that version or translation
• ability to create 'groups' or 'categories' for my bible bookmarks - like i can do in Safari.
• ability to highlight text in any and all translations/versions i choose
• ability to create 'comments' for 'highlighted' text
• offer a greater variety of translations, e.g. Messianic Jewish works
• offer alternate book organizations, e.g., messainic jewish
Thank you for a great app, just hoping to help make it better.
Pros and Cons
* very fast
* has a Greek Bible.
* word studies. Tap on a Greek word and get a small word study. This is an awesome feature. I haven't seen it in any other Bible apps. This is the sole reason I use this app.
* can easily switch between translations.
* have to pay $15 for a decent translation if you don't want to use the KJV
* the full verse description is before every verse. This makes reading slow and broken. Not a good app for just reading.
* there are not options (currently) for highlighting or making notes. Two handy features often seen in Bible apps.
The old testsment should be available in Hebrew. The colors should be customizable. The NASB should be available at the same price... Free. I'm all for paying for what I use, but is it right to give away two translations and then charge FOURTEEN dollars for a different one? Maybe i dunno. Oh and I would LOVE to have the pronunciation available for the Greek and future Hebrew words. All in all it is great if you like English that was spoken hundreds of years ago, but if you want a bible without a thee, thou, thus, or begat, good shopping.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 11, 2010
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wave Study Bible, Inc.
- © 2010 Wave Study Bible, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New International Version$14.99
- The Message$14.99
- New American Standard Bible$14.99
- New King James Version$14.99
- New International Reader's Version$14.99