WaveGuide is the amateur radio operator's ultimate utility for determining HF propagation conditions at the touch of a finger.
Utilizing data from popular DX clusters like PSK Reporter, DX Watch, Reverse Beacon Network, and WSPRnet, WaveGuide plots real-time propagation conditions on a global map, connecting stations with great circles to show exactly where band conditions are best. The colors of the great circles indicate the band, so it's easy to visually determine how the ionosphere is behaving anywhere in the world.
WaveGuide was designed from the ground-up as a Universal app that works great on all iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
WaveGuide is commonly used to:
- See how band conditions fluctuate worldwide throughout the course of the day.
- Chase rare DX stations using the DX Watch cluster.
- Find out if that new antenna is really getting out: tap out your callsign in CW and see who picks you up on the Reverse Beacon Network.
- Using PSK Reporter, track signals received by your home station while you're away. How many countries can you collect?
- Be the first one to see a band opening by observing WSPRnet contacts, or see how far your QRPp setup will get out!
WaveGuide includes powerful features such as:
- Filter your search by parameters such as band, callsign, grid square, mode, and time period.
- View details for each transmission, including time, DXCC entity, frequency, distance, and bearing.
- Find your current Maidenhead grid locator using GPS.
- Check on space weather indices and images.
- Overlay the gray line on the map.
- Adding support for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Needs iOS 12 update please
Please add options to search/view only: FT8, JT8Call, JT65, JT9, Olivia, WSPR, & APRS
Please add ability to post DX spots from within Wave Guide.
Wave Guide 5++
I love this app! It’s on the first page of my iPhone and by far my most used radio app. Looking forward to the Droid version.
Slick propagation app!
This app is one of my top 3 most used. Great for quickly seeing if the bands are open. Even better for visualizing where I'm getting out via pskreporter and RBN. I just wish it had more fine grained control over the duration of spots: I often only want to see RBN spots from the last 30 minutes. Even limiting the number of spots would be helpful so that I don't see old spots from a previous operating session.
- Rockwell Schrock
- 2.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 Rockwell Schrock
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.