By Rockwell Schrock
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WaveGuide is the amateur radio operator's ultimate utility for determining HF propagation conditions at the touch of a finger.
Utilizing data from popular DX clusters like PSK Reporter, DX Watch, Reverse Beacon Network, and WSPRnet, WaveGuide plots real-time propagation conditions on a global map, connecting stations with great circles to show exactly where band conditions are best. The colors of the great circles indicate the band, so it's easy to visually determine how the ionosphere is behaving anywhere in the world.
WaveGuide was designed from the ground-up as a Universal app that works great on all iOS 7 and 8 devices, including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
WaveGuide is commonly used to:
- See how band conditions fluctuate worldwide throughout the course of the day.
- Chase rare DX stations using the DX Watch cluster.
- Find out if that new antenna is really getting out: tap out your callsign in CW and see who picks you up on the Reverse Beacon Network.
- Using PSK Reporter, track signals received by your home station while you're away. How many countries can you collect?
- Be the first one to see a band opening by observing WSPRnet contacts, or see how far your QRPp setup will get out!
WaveGuide includes powerful features such as:
- Filter your search by parameters such as band, callsign, grid square, mode, and time period.
- View details for each transmission, including time, DXCC entity, frequency, distance, and bearing.
- Find your current Maidenhead grid locator using GPS.
- Check on space weather indices and images.
- Overlay the gray line on the map.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Fixed PSK reporter data feed
- Fixed grid finder utility
- Fixed links to images of solar conditions
- Updated for iOS 8 including native resolution support on iPhone 6 and 6+
Wish it was more customizations such as showing only the last 30 min.
It would also be cool if users could contribute via this app.
Also I wish there was a Mac version of this!
Nice app but missing some key feature
Nice app, but is missing the ability to filter by multiple bands, itu zone, and doesn't show bearing information. Because of the above, it's only useful for a nice quick look.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 12, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rockwell Schrock
- © 2015 Rockwell Schrock
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.