WaveSense Diabetes Manager
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you want to track your glucose results, carb intake, and insulin doses? The WaveSense Diabetes Manager can help. Enter your information in seconds, review the data with convenient charts and graphs, and gain a new perspective on diabetes management. Watch videos (courtesy of dLife) to learn about healthy eating, lifestyle choices, and hear from others who are living life with diabetes. If you need a second opinion you can email results to your trusted health care team. Features of the software include:
Your glucose results recorded by time of day.
A visual representation of your glucose results over time.
Email diabetes information to your family and trusted health care team for review. You choose what gets sent, to who, and when.
Easily spot when you go into high or low ranges.
Record carb/insulin data as well as blood glucose results.
Set custom target ranges, hypo-/hyperglycemic limits, and mealtime schedules.
Put your glucose results in context by adding tags about food, exercise, medicine, or health issues.
Award-winning video content courtesy of dLife.
What's New in Version 1.3
* Award-winning video content courtesy of dLife.
* Assorted bug fixes.
Nice app but could be improved
This is a nice app. I especially like the logbook format. All other apps I've looked at just present the readings in a list, which makes it hard to see trends. I would like to see some improvements, however.
(1) The logbook report mis-files a reading that is take after midnight -- I found that such readings are associated with the next day, in the "night" category.
(2) The logbook report assumes that one takes only one reading for each category, which makes it hard to track BG readings when one takes multiple readings in an evening. I'd like to have the option of slecting between (i) having all readings listed in a category with commas between, (ii) the highest/lowest value, or (iii) average value.
(3) It is not possible to add any custome notes
(4) It is not possible to email the results in a logbook format, nor can one export the data as a CSV file
(5) When entering a time of a reading manually, I see no reason to enter the exact minute when it was taken. Much better would be to allow users to specify that 10 minute increments or quarter-hour increments should be shown.
(6) The spalsh screen is shown for too long
(7) it would be nice to be able to rotate the logbook view
Great But Needs Work!!!
Really really love this app! This app has everything you need to track your blood sugars as a diabetic but also gives everything you need to show to your doctor in your blood glucose care and control. However it does need some improvements.
1) Need to be able to add more than one insulin type pre-and post meal, As well as being able to list what type of insulin you are taking.
2) When you go into settings under meal schedules this needs to be more customizable also when you go to adjust a value The Program glitches out and returns to the home screen and you have to start all over again. The same can be said of what happens when you go under settings into glucose targets it glitches out again and returns to the home screen.
3) Also after putting in insulin values and all the information would like some kind of confirmation button that this is been done.
Would be willing to pay for an upgrade to make some more things customizable otherwise this program is great will get five stars when adjustments are made.
The app is awesome in what it let's you keep track of. It's very good compared to other glucose tracking apps. However there are some things that could be fixed. I looked for an email to send recommendations to but couldn't find any.
One, after adding a glucose and I try to look at the chart it will invariably crash the app and then I have to open it again in order to look at how it was charted.
When I want to add a note for my glucose it should save it for the next time. Instead, if I want to say I did 'cardio' then I have to add it every time.
Other than that I would say this is an awesome app for any diabetic to track their information with. Good job!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 02, 2010
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AgaMatrix, Inc.
- © 2009 AgaMatrix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.