Waygo Instant Offline Translator for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean - Translate Using Your Camera or from a Photo
By Translate Abroad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waygo is the award winning leader in visual translation services, your offline translator and dictionary app for Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Our technology allows you to hover your phone's camera over foreign text and instantly translate and read that text.
Real customer reviews:
"It was my 'Life Saver' in my trip to China..."
"Using it now in Japan!. So worth the cost of lifetime translations..."
"A must for travel to China..."
"Happy User. Perfect! Very Useful!"
Perfect for travel in China, Japan and Korea, you can instantly read text using our visual translator and learn the language. No data connection needed. Translate offline anywhere you go.
Why should I choose Waygo?
- Free to download and try with all languages and features included
- Instant offline translation that we built from the ground up
- Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Kanji, Korean
- Use your video camera as a visual translator or dictionary
- No data connection required
- Translate any menu or sign and never feel lost in translation again
- See the pronunciation of the words and learn how to say it
- Simply point and translate foreign text to English
- Share your translations through SMS, Facebook, Twitter and Email
We have been featured repeatedly in ABC News, The New York Times, TechCrunch, The Next Web, Tech In Asia, GigaOm, Forbes, Technode, e27 and VentureBeat.
This free trial is limited to 10 daily translations. Select your language from the top menu. Upgrade to unlimited translations through the in app purchases in the settings menu.
Waygo Translator & Dictionary is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 7.0 and up, as long as they have a rear-facing camera.
1. Best used on clear Chinese, Japanese and Korean text (currently does not recognize stylized fonts or handwriting)
2. Intended for use on printed text, not computer screens
3. Designed for clear menus, signs and labels, not books or complicated text
4. If the text is small, hold the phone further away and use the zoom to translate more clearly
5. If text is blurry, tap the screen to focus
- Chinese (Simplified) to English
- Chinese (Traditional) to English
- Japanese to English
- Korean to English
- more coming soon!
Go to www.WaygoApp.com/menu to try Waygo translator now on a sample Chinese menu.
* Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/WaygoApp
* Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WaygoApp
NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
We appreciate your feedback. Please send any questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 6.03
* Improvements to Capture and Library modes
* Bug fixes
Great for traveling China.
I have been using WAYGO alongside other apps that do similar translations and have found that WAYGO is the one to use whenever we are at a restaurant staring at a menu blankly. The translations are less literal and make ordering much less scary.
Hint: If you have multiple iOS devices to install this app on after purchasing the upgrade, you will want to go into settings and "upgrade" on each of your other devices. You will then see a RESTORE feature in the top right. Tap it and as long as you have in app purchases enabled it will upgrade the new device.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 13, 2016
- Version: 6.03
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Translate Abroad, Inc.
- © Translate Abroad, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Languages$11.99
- One Week Use$1.99