He’s cute. He’s loveable. He’s a CHAINSAW.
Meet Waynesaw, your new best friend!
Tear through the forest as Waynesaw in the hopes of reuniting with your lost family. But watch out! The forest is teeming with toxic waste, and the forest critters have transformed into vicious mutants. Fortunately, you are a chainsaw!
Destroy trees! Obliterate your enemies! Upgrade your sawblade to annihilate everything in exciting and horrible ways! Jump on a Boostpad or grab a Chaingun to wreak unthinkable carnage upon the forest. When you’ve rained enough havoc, transform into the ferocious and unstoppable SUPERSAW!
Rev up your engine, because what’s better than wielding a chainsaw? BEING A CHAINSAW.
“SUMMER CAMP” Update:
• Blast through new CAMPGROUND sections!
• Roam the ponds in the new DUCK costume!
• Party around the clock with new NIGHT and SUNSET environments!
• Get closer to your pal LumberJim with new STORY COMICS!
• And finally, watch out for the new BEAR enemy!
Ratings and Reviews
Cute Endless Runner with Major Problems
I really like the art design of this game, which is a given that I came to this app from the Drawfee Channel. Beyond that and the basic draw of an endless runner that you can pick up and play a little bit at any time, this game offers very little to me and actually feels punishing. The most glaring problem is that, even with Battery Saving Mode on this game drains my battery ridiculously quickly, making it hard to play. The game also freezes for a moment every time I get a checkpoint which often leads to me dying. The least serious problem is that the jump in requirements to unlock the next upgrades jumps significantly and quickly. I get that the draw of these games is to do good enough to earn the currency to get the next upgrade, and as a free game you have to do something to incentivize in-app purchases, so that's not a big deal. However, combined with the battery issue, it just feels like a slog to try to get there.
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback! Since release we've been tweaking the progression curve to walk that fine line between Longevity and Frustration. In ongoing updates we'll be continuing to polish the frequency of nuts / coins in the game and the costs for upgrades.
Regarding checkpoint freezes, we're working on optimizations with each release please don't hesitate to reach out to us using the "Submit Feedback" form on the "Settings" screen to let us know your device details to make sure we know where to optimize.
Thanks for playing!
Well designed, fairly lackluster
For a second offering by a new developer, this game is impressively well crafted. The character concept is unique, the overall aesthetic design is fun, and the mechanics seem carefully implemented.
That said, it’s a fairly run-of-the mill endless runner—right down to the in game currency and micro-transactions. To that degree, it comes across as very reminiscent of the Spider-Man runner, including how it controls for the most part. Even then, the tap-and-hold use of the “saw” attack isn’t very intuitive nor responsive, and only lasts for limited bursts. On the whole, I was bored within twenty minutes.
It is a fine offering from someone new to mobile game development, but arrives years too late to the scene. The mechanics, in-app micro-transactions, and genre tropes used make this game a sadly generic and boring.
Thanks for the feedback! We're always refining the mechanics in updates to make the gameplay and controls as intuitive as possible. We want Waynesaw to feel like a deadly dirtbike, so be sure to try out the hold-and-drag to chain enemies, in addition jumping ramps to hit high-up enemies. Also keep upgrading your saw as you progress so you can stay in "Saw Mode" as long as possible!
Good luck out there and thanks again for the thoughtful review.
Just another runner with very little to distinguish itself from other runners. You run, collect coins, avoid obstacles and jump over things. Sure the world is colorful and bright but it’s not all that attractive and looks a little dated. The saw mechanic is basically just a boost or dash like in any other runner.
The game doesn’t run very well on my iPhone 6s + and because of the slow downs and stuttering the game is a lot more challenging than it really should be. This game also really drains my battery fast (over 10% drop in less than 5 minutes of gameplay). Overall I feel like this game is a buggy, late entry into an already overly saturated “running game” market. I may adjust my review later if they update it a little more but as of right now this game is not worth the lack of ASP comics that we could have had instead.
- So Choice Softworks, LLC
- 210.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 So Choice Softworks
- In-App Purchases
- Fill wallet, get all upgrades! $49.99
- 25 Nuts $1.99
- 150 Nuts $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.