Waypoint EDU is a fun, educational augmented-reality scavenger hunt game for classrooms and families.
• New in 2.4, improved 3D graphics with ARKit 2.0!
• New in 2.3, create your own Indoor Hunts with up to 5 Waypoints!
• New in 2.0, play Indoors! Use our beautifully designed printable Waypoint Cards to play right in your classroom.
• Teachers (or parents) use Waypoint EDU to create engaging augmented reality geocaches (“Hunts”).
• Setting up a Hunt is very simple – enter a few details, draw a Playfield directly on the map, and enter quiz questions for your curriculum.
• Teachers can transfer Hunts to student devices using AirDrop.
• A game of Waypoint EDU is a great reason for teachers to take their classes outside.
• Includes two sample Hunts. Students can learn about ancient wonders of the world like Stonehenge and the Pyramid of Giza and groundbreaking inventions like the telephone and the lightbulb via scale-model AR.
Please note: the Outdoor mode in Waypoint EDU requires a device with GPS+Cellular to play, though non-cellular devices can be used to create. Indoor mode requires iOS 11.3 or later.
Get outside (or stay inside) and Hunt!
• ARKit 2.0 real-time reflections (only on iOS 12 and later).
• Substantially reduced initial app download size (by approx. 260 Megabytes).
• Fixed a layout issue affecting X-class devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun way to get your kids OUTSIDE!
As a parent, I’m always looking for ways to get my children out and about, to burn off their energy and get their minds going, and Waypoint EDU does just that! My daughter and son had a great time finding the different waypoints and then using what they’ve learned in school to answer the quiz questions. I like that the app requires parent (or teacher) involvement in creating the playfield and selecting the waypoints, and even gives us the option to set up our own hunt. My kids have already given me ideas on what they want to see for their next hunt! I will definitely be sharing this app with their teachers!
Love this so far but..
I think this app is great and the applications are so many but the only thing that would make it perfect is being able to edit where waypoints are placed?? Instead of only being able to randomize the points..I’m not sure if I’m just unsure of how to read and understand the app layout (which is also a bit confusing and ambiguous at times..) but I just can’t figure out that one detail.. GAAAH!
Sorry for the confusion; this is possible. From the Creator map, if you tap to select the waypoint marker, then tap and hold on the same marker, after a short delay the marker will lift up and you can drag it to a new position.
As an educator, I would love to use this. However, I would like to see track the students progress. Some kind of a sign in and a way to show the progress of the students from question to question.
Thank you for the feedback. To do this we had to release a separate version (Waypoint EDU VPP) that integrates with Apple's Schoolwork app.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Magnate Interactive Ltd
- 60.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Magnate Interactive Ltd / Waypoint EDU
- In-App Purchases
- Southwest State Capitals Free
- Ancient Rome Hunt Pack $3.99
- US Pacific State Capitals $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.