Waze - GPS, Maps, Traffic Alerts & Live Navigation
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join 85 million drivers who save time & money with Waze navigation by avoiding traffic jams, police, accidents and construction for free. Use the #1 real-time GPS today!
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.25
Thanks for using Waze! You’re one of 80 million drivers outsmarting traffic every single day with real-time road information. Waze is constantly improving, so check out what's new this version:
- Waze Carpool is now live in all of Cali! Just pick up a fellow Wazer on your route and say “goodbye traffic, hello fast lane.”
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
My best friend!
I have been using Waze for over a year now. Are used to use it when I would travel to a new destination or over a long distance. Did not make it a habit to use when I would run around town. However, I used it to make a trip to Arizona and on my way back through the El Cajon Pass Waze directed be off on a side street in the middle of nowhere! I thought the app was crazy but I did what she told me to do. Traffic is moving fine and I thought that it was wrong. I followed it it drove me all the way to San Bernardino really angry that I have followed her instructions. I found out an hour later that the pass has been closedown and my friends were still stuck in the past and we're there for hours! They did not get home until the early morning hours and I was asleep in bed. I will never again question Waze and I use it everywhere I go because she will read direct me when there are accidents, closures, any other items that would keep me from getting to my destination in a timely matter. Love this app, she has become my best friend! I think I spent more time with her that you're my wife and family!
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
There are things I love about this app and things I don't. I have a 60 mile commute one way to work and drive over 30,000 miles each year and I use the app every day. I love how it points out where the police are and that's my primary purpose for using it. I also like that if you pass your destination, it tells you how to get back instead of just going away like others do. The frustrating part is when I'm in an area that I'm familiar with and the app tries to have me go in a circle to get to the same place I can drive straight to. The worst part is when taking a long trip to an area I am unfamiliar with and I wind up on a small 2 lane road instead of a highway. This happened to me driving from North Carolina to Massachusetts and I believe it cost me an hour on my trip. When these things happen, it makes me question whether or not I should take the alternate route as directed on my commute home due to traffic constraints or is it due to the inconsistency of the app. I don't have the premium version so I don't know if that's the same or if there are less issues.
Hasn't gotten smarter, ads ruin experience
Don't get me wrong, I love Waze and it has saved me many times. But it has only gotten worse and worse over time.
It makes me take crazy detours filled with side streets, turns, lights and crosswalks just to save under 1-2 minutes of time... not worth it. You should be able to compare routes ans choose the one you want to take. It also can't consistently recognize where you can U-turn especially when you accidentally head the wrong direction, instead forcing you to "go around" and drive a lot more than you need to. The ads are extremely annoying and damages the user experience as a distraction. Pretty sure most people don't care for the ads. Finally, the app often takes forever to load and identify my location and the route, especially when initially starting it up. And I never have that issue using Google Maps.
This has caused me to switch back to Google Maps often. Until Waze addresses these things, I'll continue to use Google Maps as my go to navigation app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 4.25
- Size: 97.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.