Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.18.0
- Search by voice update: Search for a street by speaking its name in the language of the country you’re in, even if your Waze is in another language
- Auto complete distance: See the distance to any location as you type it in the Search box, with new auto complete distance feature
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Used to be good
Had to re-write this review because it kept asking me to review it even though I did it before years ago. But now since google acquired it, The options of navigation is not as good. Especially when there is traffic. I know traffic is going to be a big thing right now but it should allow us to know whether to take a detour ahead of time. Still haven't seen it phased into the Apple Watch era. Had a slight problem a year ago so when I was in Norfolk Virginia. There was some type of spaghetti Junction that Waze cannot figure out where I was taking. So I contacted Waze support to review map issue, and I guess they had some volunteer person who verifies my complaint, disregard it as a map issue.... if only there was a recording of my map directions so it will show that I was making up things. Other than that I wish you had the option to use the celebrity voices again. Also I don't think I no one of the developers read our reviews anyways
Good App, Very Tired of Reordering Favs
I have been using Waze for many years. Updates have improved performance.
Management of favorites is horrible. I would like to have the option to sort my favorites alphabetically, an issue many users have stated for years but remains an issue. Sorting them manually is a waste of time because every app update resets your order and I have many favorites. Another sort option for favorites may be to sort most frequently used based on user statistics.
Would like to see more hazard reporting options and where manual reporting options match voice reporting options. For example, there are more weather hazard voice reporting options than manual. No hazard for traffic light outage or heavy precipitation.
Have hazards that make sense. There are only three weather hazards; fog, ice, and flooding. Weather associated with freezing and frozen is extraordinarily rare in San Diego. To put it in perspective, the last recorded snowfall was 1968. Flooding less rare but there are phenomena with much greater frequency of occurrence.
Allow more time to finish reporting a hazard. I sometimes start the process only to have to refocus on my primary responsibility (driving) but when I go back to finish reporting, the app has exited to the map.
Thought I was getting better than Google Maps but no
Google Maps drives me crazy so a friend recommended Waze to me and I like that it gives me traffic alerts and tells me where photo radar lights are but I'd appreciate it if it knew where I am and where I'm
going. Also, it doesn't tell you what lane to be in! If I'm using this app it's because I'm going somewhere I've never been before and I need to know what lane I need to be in so I don't end up in a turn only lane in rush hour traffic that I can't get out of. Then I end up lost and the app has no idea what street I'm on or where to go from there so I end up guessing until the app catches up. That is so beyond not okay. Especially when I end up in a sketchy part of the city at night. So the app gets deleted and I'll go back to suffering with Google Maps because at least it tells me what lane to be in when it's taking me some roundabout ridiculous route to my destination.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 4.18.0
- Size: 82.8 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.