Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps, Traffic & Parking
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join 100 million Wazers who save time & money with Waze navigation by avoiding traffic jams, police, accidents and construction for free. Use the #1 real-time GPS today!
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.21
Thanks for using Waze, where 75 million drivers beat traffic every day with real-time help from other drivers. We’re constantly improving the app for you, so check out what's new this version:
- The Waze map has a new, improved design with more distinct highway labels and landmarks – making it simpler than ever to find your way.
- Know where you came from to know where you're going. Now, you can more easily understand U-turns and complicated intersections because Waze marks where you’ve already driven.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
WAZE is squirrelly.
Don't get me wrong. WAZE is an excellent GPS way finder. The reason for the three stars is that I can't get it to stop routing me around traffic light intersections. In the area where I am using it, on the Florida Gulf Coast, where traffic is very heavy during the winter "snowbird" season and not much better "off- season", you, the driver "live and die" by the green light left hand turn arrow. Any attempt to "short cut" the intersection to the left may result in waiting for traffic to allow you to cross multiple lanes in order to make a left turn at an un-controlled intersection. Even attempting to "short cut" to the right can be frustrating.
Furthermore, some of the squirrelly routes that I see leading me home will, yes, get me there, but require so many left-right-left-right turns, jogs, and roundabouts, that quite frankly is not worth the effort in order to perhaps (perhaps not) save a minute or two.
I've been using WAZE but without the option to get rid of its insistence on left turn, short cut, intersection routing, I will have to forego the excellent user input features and go back to Google Maps.
Great all around traveling Navigation App
Now Waze...I would have given you 5 stars, however; here recently you have been slacking. First let me start by saying I truly do love the app. It's interactive it warns me of police, objects on the road, hazards, road blocks and more. And I do a lot of traveling and driving so having a good navigation app with out going out and spending a lot of money on a garmen or such is great. I even have a pet name for you!! Well I just pronounce it Wazé -people are like...who!! Few cons though - it does not always give me the best route, it tends to take a long time to reroute when I have obviously disregarded the last 10 commands and lately it's been off on the location accuracy. If you guys can just work on those I will bump you up to 5 Stars!! Thank you for putting out this great app and I have been a dedicated user since....ummmm long long time now. I use you for road trips and I am now a Lyft driver in my area and it sync's effortlessly!!!! Love it!! 💜💜💜 Thank you for taking the time to read!! Cat
Don't get me wrong, waze is probably the best navi app currently available. But there is one major flaw that they seem unwilling to correct...the location settings for waze only has "always" and "never" options. Of course you can't use the app if you choose "never". If you have it set to "always" this means that waze is always tracking your location. Why does waze need to know my location when the app is not in use and I may be at work or in my home? I have maybe 100 or more app on my phone and waze is the only one that does not give you the "while using app" location setting.
It's not only the privacy issue but leaving the location settings on "always" severely affected battery life. If you don't believe me set it to "never" for a few day and watch you battery life improve dramatically.
For this reason I never use waze unless I am making a long highway trip.
Come on waze, give us the "while using app" location settings and your app would be as close to perfect as a navi app can be.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 25, 2017
- Version: 4.21
- Size: 89.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.