Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.9.0
* In countries where average speed camera zones are enforced, Waze now helps you drive safely within the speed limit and avoid speeding tickets. Get alerts where average speed cameras are located and track your progress as you drive through.
* Bugs and stability fixes
Great concept, buggy
I love the idea and like the app. So far on our road trip I've had to restart the app 2+ times due to it freezing up.
I wish you could use voice search or to add comments. The app needs to add the ability to change a status. When you come across a crash some people may status it as police ahead when its actually a crash. Some people may say police ahead when actually they are with a disabled car, when the police leave the status is incorrect it's just a disabled car. I want the location of crashes to be precise or be updated to the exact location. This matters as to alternative routes are dependent to the crash location. I also want the app to give me multiple alternative directions around a crash. The app is only as good as information put into it. If we have the ability to update the information the info would improve. I want lots of info when I come to a slow down; Like when it was first reported, ems on scene, vehicles blocking the roadway, police on scene, scene about to be cleared. Adding more info could make the app better.
I also want to see alerts on my route better. I want to plan ahead for potential traffic issues. Make the buttons a little more user friendly and easier to make updates.
Really good, some quirks
Love the app. Seemingly without provocation, it asks me what I want. This part should go away if you say NOTHING. Or ERROR. But no, I have to tap the screen to cancel that while I am trying to pay attention to driving. Also, it mysteriously turns totally black at times. Nothing on the screen. I restart it and the same thing happen sometimes three times in a row. If they could work out these little bugs, that would be great. It also is not very clear when you're trying to alert other people about police, or accidents, or things along the roadside, whether the alert gets put in when you finally get finished pushing all of the buttons for the location where you are then, a mile down the road, or for the location where you started. An easier tutorial on educating it to voice commands would be way faster. I would much rather yell HEY WAZE--POLICE HIDDEN OTHER SIDE than tap at my screen a lot while driving. But a lot of users seem to be figuring it out as I get 90% useful info and it is by far the best traffic alert app out there.
Still cannot choose which alerts you hear!
Waze has been getting worse and worse. Yesterday, in the midfle of a trip, voice alerts stopped, so I had to look at the screen to complete my trip. When alerts were working, some came far too early and others too late. Now Waze frequently chooses strange, complex surface street routes, which I often ignore and get on the highway anyway, usually discovering that ignoring Waze's complex route saved me 1 to 2 minutes!
A continuing complaint is the fact that the developers are completely unresponsive to feedback. A nice feature of Waze is that you can get a voice alert that there's police (potentially with radar) up ahead. You can turn alerts on and off, but not selectively (as I, and more than a hundred users, have repeatedly requested). So, to hear one useful (police, pothole, vehicle stopped *on road*) alert, you have to put up with dozens of useless alerts (vehicle stopped on *shoulder*, rain, snow). As each alert mutes the podcast I'm listening to, it's a huge irritant to miss 10% of a podcast due to dozens of useless alerts.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 14, 2016
- Version: 4.9.0
- Size: 54.8 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.