Waze Navigation & Live Traffic
By Waze Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Avoid traffic jams, police traps, and accidents with Waze, the #1 real-time navigation app. Get the fastest routes to your favorite locations and new destinations, all for free.
Waze is a community of 90 million drivers. Here’s why:
- Automatically reroute around traffic as conditions change on the road
- Get police & speed camera alerts while you drive
- Hear road directions by celebrity voices or the average Joe
- Record your own custom voice directions to guide you on the road
- Know how long your drive will take before you start driving
- Find gas stations and the cheapest gas prices on your drive
- Earn points and gain status as you contribute with road info
- Low data usage from your phone
- Waze works anywhere in the world
For drivers who really don’t like to waste time or money:
- Get notified when it’s time to leave for your destination by setting your drive in advance
- Let Waze tell you when it’s time to leave for your events by syncing your calendar with Waze
- Save time looking for parking with Waze parking suggestions by your destination
- Choose to be routed on toll roads or to avoid them
- Get a sound alert if you exceed the speed limit with the speedometer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version iOS 4.32
Fixed some bugs so you can avoid traffic and get to your destination faster with Waze.
Turn by turn lag has become problematic
I've been a loyal Waze user since the very start, and despite issues that have been wildly annoying (such as adding superfluous directions to use me as a guinea pig to gather traffic data on random streets, or taking me on terribly inefficient routes that lose time because I'm asked to cross major intersections at rush hour without the help of a light of stop signs), I have stuck by the app.
But lately, the gps tracking has been lagging to the point that I will routinely miss turns because the app is constantly behind me on the map. I thought this was an issue with my phone so I hard reset the app, and then rebooted my phone multiple times. But then I found out the problem was affecting other people. I thought maybe it was our cell provider, but as I asked around the issue was happening across the board. The issue has been persistent for the past couple weeks now and renders the app practically useless. What's the point of a turn by turn gps when it doesn't know where I am? Until this problem is fixed, I'm moving to Google Maps.
Fix it, Waze.
The least awful navigation app...
I’ve been using Waze for years now but the longer I’ve had it, the worse it’s become. First, the load time to calculate the destination is embarrassingly slow and never points me in the correct direction until I’ve driven at least a couple of hundred feet, thereby forcing me to turnaround (and no, it’s not my iPhone because other GPS apps do not have the same issues). Two, what’s with all of the pop up messages that never go away until I click off of them?? One moment Waze is concerned that driver doesn’t engage while driving by picking a destination, yet the app is fun sending a long winded message about a local condition. It’s very annoying, distracting, and unnecessary. Three, the GPS is almost always lagging these days causing me to miss turns. The ONLY reason why I continue to use the app is because of the the traffic updates. The graphics s*ck, the POI lacking, and when looking for a POI the app never provides the actual address (which helps confirm that the user is looking at the correct POI). I used to live the app but despise it now.
OMG! GREATEST APP EVER!!!
I use this app at all times. Today, driving home on I95, there were signs flashing saying 3 right lanes closed 6 miles ahead. Traffic coming to a dead stop due to an accident. Just as I was desperately trying to figure a way out, Waze beeped and said Re-route!" Yep, this wonderful app directed me off (I had no choice but to trust it as I had no idea where I was) and it took me off, took me through the airport exit and back onto the highway just PAST the accident!! 10 minutes out of my way and probably saved me hours of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. Waze, you rock!!! However, there is one thing I’d like to see added. Sometimes, the reports show heavy traffic in an area that when I get there, there is no traffic. I would like them to add something to the traffic icons to say “no traffic “ or a “yes or no” for the traffic report like they do with objects on the road or police up ahead.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 08, 2017
- Version: iOS 4.32
- Size: 112 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.