Waze Navigation & Live Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Avoid traffic jams, police traps, and accidents with Waze, the #1 real-time navigation app. Get the fastest routes to your favorite locations and new destinations, all for free.
Waze is a community of 85 million drivers. Here’s why:
- Automatically reroute around traffic as conditions change on the road
- Get police & speed camera alerts while you drive
- Hear road directions by celebrity voices or the average Joe
- Record your own custom voice directions to guide you on the road
- Know how long your drive will take before you start driving
- Find gas stations and the cheapest gas prices on your drive
- Earn points and gain status as you contribute with road info
- Low data usage from your phone
- Waze works anywhere in the world
For drivers who really don’t like to waste time or money:
- Get notified when it’s time to leave for your destination by setting your drive in advance
- Let Waze tell you when it’s time to leave for your events by syncing your calendar with Waze
- Save time looking for parking with Waze parking suggestions by your destination
- Choose to be routed on toll roads or to avoid them
- Get a sound alert if you exceed the speed limit with the speedometer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.27
Thanks for using Waze! Check out what’s new in this version:
- There’s a brand new Waze voice… and it’s yours! Record your own voice directions to guide you on the road
- Easily share your voice directions with friends and family
- Report & get alerts about broken traffic lights on your route
- See street names more clearly on map with a new design
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
A few things have slipped…
For example, searching for a specific store (i.e.Starbucks) "along the route" has gotten significantly less accurate very recently. For example, it will very often say that stores are zero minutes off the route, when they are in fact two, three, four, five minutes off. If I hit the little coffee cup icon instead, it is much more accurate. I am not sure why, but this is a feature I use several times a day, so it is disappointing.
I also really wish we could set it so that it does not direct us to make a left turn across several lanes of traffic. Trying to do this in Boston and Cambridge and Salem and other big towns makes the program almost unusable at times. If we could set it so that in urban areas it showed a preference for intersections with stoplights, it would be so much better.
My final major of suggestion is that while it is very good at showing when traffic is building and getting worse, it does not have a feature where we can remove heavy traffic signals. I am often driving at the end of rush-hour, and the program ends up taking me around traffic jams that no longer exist because it does not quickly update things getting better.
Still, it's a great program, I just want to make some suggestions
Must Have App!
I love this app and use it frequently. However, there are a few modifications I would like to see on the app:
1) It would be nice to have the option of seeing, on the map, the history of where we have driven. Sometimes, when going to & from a place, Waze indicates a completely different route when going back to my original location (with no obvious hazard or traffic issues for the redirection);
2) I would like to have the ability to organize our favorites into folders;
3) The only options for Location Services on iPhone for Waze are to keep Waze on "Always" or "Never". There is no option of "While Using the App" in Waze. While I realize that it's important for Waze to continually track traffic and hazards in real time, Waze rapidly diminishes the battery life on my iPhone. So, I am constantly having to go to Location Services to turn Waze to "Always" when I need to use the app and, then, it is necessary to go back to Location Services to switch Waze to "Never" when I am not going to be using the app for a while, otherwise my battery will continue to drain rapidly.
All in all, I love this app and recommend it highly!
May I have the "follow drive" back, please? Also Rain as a weather hazard
I love this program, and recommend it to lots of people. One thing that still doesn't seem to work at all is the "learn my preferred drive" feature (which I've mentioned in previous reviews.)
With the latest build, it also doesn't let me easily view a "shared drive" when my husband is driving home (when I'm at home). It tells me when he's arriving, but as of version 4.27, when I tap the alert to follow his drive, the screen now loads the map for a few seconds, long enough for me to see his route & how far away he is, and then goes to a completely black screen. The only way I can follow his drive is to force-quit the app, open it again, go into the user account and choose the notifications to find the alert that told me he's on his way home. That works, but it's annoying to have to go thru all those extra steps.
I'm still curious why there's no option for "Rain" in the Weather "obstacles" We don't get a lot of rain here in Texas, but when it does, it usually causes major traffic delays. I don't want to use "flooding" when it's not actually flooding, so the closest I can get is "fog."
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 30, 2017
- Version: 4.27
- Size: 100 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.