Always know what’s happening on the road with Waze. Even if you know the way, Waze tells you instantly about traffic, construction, police, crashes, & more. If traffic is bad on your route, Waze will change it to save you time.
◦ See what’s happening - Alerts about traffic, police, hazards and more on your drive
◦ Get there faster - Instant routing changes to avoid traffic and save you time
◦ Know when you’ll arrive - your Arrival Time is based on live traffic data
◦ Pay less for gas - find the cheapest gas along your route
◦ Always find the way - choose from a variety of voices to guide you while you drive
Be prepared, drive with Waze.
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with these updates:
- Waze now works with CarPlay - connect your iPhone and use Waze conveniently from your built-in car display (on supported models only)
- Crash fix for iOS 9 users
Ratings and Reviews
People power meets the open road in this amazing navigation app. Waze’s crowd-sourced alerts come from real drivers, not algorithms, delivering info you won’t see anywhere else to keep your commute flowing. The friendly interface and convenient detour routing really help the app shine, and its social-network integration make road trips with buddies a blast.
Not the same Waze it Once was
Even a month or so ago, I would have rated this app 5 stars, but something has happened to what was my best driving app companion. The issues begin with incorrect mileage estimates when you type in a place your are going that, as soon as you click on the place to get directions, change and sometimes in drastic ways and always for the worse. Examples - a place that it said was 136 miles away changed when getting directions to over 200 miles away...a place that it said was 9 miles away, when you click on it to press go turns into 14 miles away. It also is suggesting routes with lots of turns that are leading me in circles and when I choose to ignore their suggestion because I can see ahead there does not seem to be traffic, I go the normal straight way I always do and get there 5 minutes sooner than the estimated time from Waze’s indirect way. The app has become so broken it is upsetting because it used to be amazing! It also isn’t remembering routes and crashing, which is what prompted me to finally write this review because that ended up costing me about an extra hour of time yesterday since I was trying to avoid the turnpike (and it’s tolls) and unbeknownst to me, it re-routed me to take it! It’s also caused my daughter to end up on a toll road with no warning! Waze and I are going to have to part ways if they don’t fix the newly introduced issues soon - it’s just become completely unreliable:
It's changed...not in a good way
The app only notifies me of a change in route at the last second, which is unsafe when youre driving at highway speed. The app often doesnt return music to its previous volume so I have to stop the app & restart the route again. A route I always took getting to a relative's house that Waze used to remember (it wasn't the fastest route but it avoided some highways & Waze never chose that route until I had traveled that way a few times) is now forgotten with the last update. The "send the ETA" feature now only works if the person to whom youre sending it is also a Waze member, even if it says it sent it. And there's no progress map anymore, which was a really helpful feature I guess Waze discontinued. Bring that one back--it was really helpful. I sent a map change suggestion b/c the names of 2 cul-de-sacs in my condo development were dropped and the cul-de-sacs are named the same name as the main road through the development. I got a note, about 6 months later, saying it would be changed and it was--the cul-de-sacs are now erased from the map and the mapmaker decided to make the main road through the development 1 way, with a cul-de-sac at the end. So, now, the first 1/2 mile of every trip is all the way to the no outlet cul-de-sac at the other end of the development, which is in the opposite direction of the development exit.
- 165.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Waze Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.