Waze Navigation & Live Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Avoid traffic jams, police traps, and accidents with Waze, the #1 real-time navigation app. Get the fastest routes to your favorite locations and new destinations, all for free.
Waze is a community of 85 million drivers. Here’s why:
- Automatically reroute around traffic as conditions change on the road
- Get police & speed camera alerts while you drive
- Hear road directions by celebrity voices or the average Joe
- Record your own custom voice directions to guide you on the road
- Know how long your drive will take before you start driving
- Find gas stations and the cheapest gas prices on your drive
- Earn points and gain status as you contribute with road info
- Low data usage from your phone
- Waze works anywhere in the world
For drivers who really don’t like to waste time or money:
- Get notified when it’s time to leave for your destination by setting your drive in advance
- Let Waze tell you when it’s time to leave for your events by syncing your calendar with Waze
- Save time looking for parking with Waze parking suggestions by your destination
- Choose to be routed on toll roads or to avoid them
- Get a sound alert if you exceed the speed limit with the speedometer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.26
You’re one of 85 million Wazers outsmarting traffic with real-time updates. See what’s new:
- There’s a brand new Waze voice… and it’s yours! Record your own voice directions to guide you on the road
- Easily share your voice directions with friends and family
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Best Navi App I've Used
Love Waze. I downloaded it when it first came out, and I couldn't figure out how to use it, so I sent it to the cloud. A couple years later, I was in an Uber, and looking at the navigation the driver was using. He said, "yeah this is the best, well the Uber drivers use it!" When I asked what it was called, he said Waze. I was like, "OMG, I downloaded that along time ago, but I've never used it!" As soon as I got home, I pulled it out of the cloud, and have been using it ever since. It's accurate about 99% of the time, and I love that it's constantly updated by all of the users with the most up-to-date information. It really helps when it comes to things like traffic, road hazards, etc. It always seems to find the quickest way to your destination, and will update you if a new, quicker route has occurred. I used to live about eight minutes from my job, and Waze took me in routes and roads that I've never even heard of before… Just to avoid traffic on this particular road that was miserable!
You'll love it. Make sure you update it, as this is the way the app becomes most accurate and most useful. My only note or request would be for them to add in options for public transportation and walking. Then I'd never have to use any other navi app!
Was much better
The latest updates have caused the best feature of being able to report things to other drivers to be slow and very unstable. It has hung up for 20+ minutes and required me to not only restart the app, but my phone while my goal is to get somewhere. I used to use the voice reporting heavily but now it's fairly useless since it crashes reliably. Also, wish this had a paid version because when I am stopped in heavy traffic and would like to inspect the app is when all the ads pop up to block the screen. That makes it hard to use for navigation. In addition, once I park somewhere and need to walk to my destination, I need to switch to another GPS for walking directions. And there is the annoyance of it updating when I turn it on and need to get somewhere instead of in the background when not needed or when on my house network. It has often taken 10-20 minutes to update, by which point, I am already driving to wherever I am going. I had to reinstall the app once and realized that my favorites were not on the cloud. It is not good for searching for shopping or food along my driving route. So...for these many reasons, this app is one of many GPS apps I have and use. It is not reliable and now frequently crashes. The older versions were much better at key functions. I am hoping and waiting for it to improve because it has great potential.
Great driving app, with a couple minor setbacks
Waze is my favorite driving app. It gives great directions and routes, up-to-date information on traffic or other road conditions, and pretty accurate estimations on arrival times. It has also taught me a lot of shorter off-highway shortcuts that I didn't know existed! There are a couple of setbacks that could be improved on... First, the location allowance settings are "always" or "never". I wish Waze had an option for allowing location "only when using this app". Doesn't seem right that it would be using location info in the background, even when the app is closed. Second, Waze's routes seem the shortest about 90% of the time, but that other 10% it seems to completely disregard a road that is shorter than what it suggests. When I turn on that road, it recalculated and even shows my travel time decrease, so I know it is indeed shorter. It would be great if Waze could remember this route and show it again, but next time I drive that way, it still forgets. All that aside, it really does give much better routes and real-time information than any other map or driving app. I will continue to use and look forward to upgrades & improvements in the future.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 09, 2017
- Version: 4.26
- Size: 99.0 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.