Waze Navigation & Live Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Avoid traffic jams, police traps, and accidents with Waze, the #1 real-time navigation app. Get the fastest routes to your favorite locations and new destinations, all for free.
Waze is a community of 85 million drivers. Here’s why:
- Automatically reroute around traffic as conditions change on the road
- Get police & speed camera alerts while you drive
- Hear road directions by celebrity voices or the average Joe
- Record your own custom voice directions to guide you on the road
- Know how long your drive will take before you start driving
- Find gas stations and the cheapest gas prices on your drive
- Earn points and gain status as you contribute with road info
- Low data usage from your phone
- Waze works anywhere in the world
For drivers who really don’t like to waste time or money:
- Get notified when it’s time to leave for your destination by setting your drive in advance
- Let Waze tell you when it’s time to leave for your events by syncing your calendar with Waze
- Save time looking for parking with Waze parking suggestions by your destination
- Choose to be routed on toll roads or to avoid them
- Get a sound alert if you exceed the speed limit with the speedometer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version iOS 4.28
Thanks for using Waze! With every drive, you’re joining 85 million Wazers who save time by taking the fastest route. Here is what’s new:
- Flat tire? Request roadside help so Wazers around you can stop and lend a hand
- Find out if a business is open or closed before you start driving
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
We have used Waze for several years, and have appreciated the unique routing to avoid traffic and hazards. We appreciate the heads up for upcoming accidents, traffic jams, etc... Just recently, after the solar eclipse, it re-routed us on back roads, through the beautiful Smokey Mtns (bonus) to avoid the gridlocked highways; and what would have easily taken five or more hours only took us 2 hours (normal time with no traffic would have been 1 hr 40 min).
Sometimes, the routes it suggests seem like they are a ridiculous way to go; but then, after going along with the directions, we always discover the reason behind it and are glad we did what the app said. On the other hand, there have been times we decided to ignore the directions and go the way that we think is the best way, and we usually regret our decision, discovering why Waze wanted us to avoid that way. Great app!
First, those people who complain that Waze is the problem for routing crazy drivers through their neighborhoods... Waze does not control how fast or how terrible a driver is. The Waze map editors do a great job of adding the posted speed limits where available. The drivers will still be the ones responsible for following the rules. If you find yourself being routed through a community and see a problem with the route, leave a map report and it will get fixed.
This app is fantastic. It provides the best routes. You may not have the best time finding all the places you search for, but it is getting better every day; I know this for sure.
I recommend this app for anyone who wants to have the best route to any destination.
Lacks stability-otherwise perfect app
Waze is the superior nav app as far as useful tools and ease of use are concerned. The only issues i have with Waze is that it crashes... often. 7 tries out of 10 to find gas station along the route result in the app to crash- and 2 out of those remaining 3 end with "failure to connect to servers". Thankfully, despite its instability the app remains to be incredibly well thought out, relaunching from a crash always brings it right back to where you last left off. For that matter, every detail about the user experience just oozes with genius in understanding what you need and how you need it. Its definitely the go-to nav app above those from Google and Apple, and that remains to be true despite its frequency to crash. Its just that much better.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 20, 2017
- Version: iOS 4.28
- Size: 103 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.