Waze Navigation & Live Traffic
By Waze Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Avoid traffic jams, police traps, and accidents with Waze, the #1 real-time navigation app. Get the fastest routes to your favorite locations and new destinations, all for free.
Waze is a community of 90 million drivers. Here’s why:
- Automatically reroute around traffic as conditions change on the road
- Get police & speed camera alerts while you drive
- Hear road directions by celebrity voices or the average Joe
- Record your own custom voice directions to guide you on the road
- Know how long your drive will take before you start driving
- Find gas stations and the cheapest gas prices on your drive
- Earn points and gain status as you contribute with road info
- Low data usage from your phone
- Waze works anywhere in the world
For drivers who really don’t like to waste time or money:
- Get notified when it’s time to leave for your destination by setting your drive in advance
- Let Waze tell you when it’s time to leave for your events by syncing your calendar with Waze
- Save time looking for parking with Waze parking suggestions by your destination
- Choose to be routed on toll roads or to avoid them
- Get a sound alert if you exceed the speed limit with the speedometer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version iOS 4.32
Fixed some bugs so you can avoid traffic and get to your destination faster with Waze.
OMG! GREATEST APP EVER!!!
I use this app at all times. Today, driving home on I95, there were signs flashing saying 3 right lanes closed 6 miles ahead. Traffic coming to a dead stop due to an accident. Just as I was desperately trying to figure a way out, Waze beeped and said Re-route!" Yep, this wonderful app directed me off (I had no choice but to trust it as I had no idea where I was) and it took me off, took me through the airport exit and back onto the highway just PAST the accident!! 10 minutes out of my way and probably saved me hours of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. Waze, you rock!!! However, there is one thing I’d like to see added. Sometimes, the reports show heavy traffic in an area that when I get there, there is no traffic. I would like them to add something to the traffic icons to say “no traffic “ or a “yes or no” for the traffic report like they do with objects on the road or police up ahead.
I think this app is awesome!!..
For some odd reason it stopped telling me stuff about police, potholes & other stuff weird...I have no idea what has happened....& I truly love this app over Google's map app.... Also I would really appreciate it if y'all could when I'm using it with Uber & or Lyft please add on the address up in the corner of the map please please this would be a very huge thing/help... On the map it self..... The Google map does this I want you map to do this also... Thank you...😊👍
I might add that I fell Waze should of your using it that there should be an address in the top left corner of the map making it easier to locate your point of contact/location/house...😊👍
Now since y'all now have been showing an address this is AMAZING FOLKS!!!.
PS.. Thank you for listening very greatful...😊👍
A few major issues
I use Waze for my Lyft drives, and I’ve noticed a couple major issues.
1. The driving animation is about a half a second delayed, which allows you to miss a turn unless the audio prompts are on.
2. If you are in a parking lot or something not on the Main Street it confuses the system and goes crazy trying to figure out which street your on.
3. With Lyft you may get a ride while already driving and when Lyft pushes the address to Waze, Waze will not take into account the cars motion and navigate as if standing still ie you missed a turn. It should start navigation 200 feet away.
4. Waze will by default navigate me and other Lyft drivers to people back Alleys (especially here in Southern California) it is very confusing for both rider and driver, there should be an option for this, like the one for taxis should turn off parking instructions. Besides that it’s pretty cool.
(Update: It has gotten worse, the animations have gotten slower, so pay attention to real world because you will pass a turn before you even reach it on the app. I’m not sure if they are trying to save battery power or not but the app really doesn’t track where your at until you’ve gone the wrong, and don’t let it be a parallel street because you’ll never know.)
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 08, 2017
- Version: iOS 4.32
- Size: 112 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.