Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.8.0
Bugs and stability fixes
Best Navigation Hands Down
Waze helps me save time. Period. I trust the routes, even though sometimes I have a hard time believing I'll save time, I do save time.
The ability to do hands free entering of hazards is not only convenient but safe.
The multiple options are intelligent (some fun I guess - like celebrity voices), one of my favorites is to be able to adjust the Waze volume to your liking to work well with other listening sources like music or podcasts.
I've put in suggestions like splitting up the confirmation icons to avoid pressing the wrong one. It seems the development team is pretty responsive to suggestions.
Waze is in my top 10 of my apps. I really appreciate Waze.
There are good features about this app but two that need improvement. First, this app needs an "Only when using this app" setting (like other apps) so you don't constantly have to go to settings to switch it on and off. If you forget to turn privacy off, the app will drain your battery. Second, point totals need to be more consistent and accurate. I logged in this morning to find I had "X" points, then after driving about 100 miles, I logged back in the evening to discover I now have 25,000 points less (and a much lower ranking) than this morning. How did I lose points for driving and reporting? This happens all the time. What's the point of calculating points and rankings in the app if the data isn't accurate?
This almost always gets me there, but sometimes it's a mysterious route. I've had ongoing issues with the lock North up function. For a while it would not work at all, then it seemed fixed. But yesterday all my settings went back to default for some reason, which was easy enough to fix, but now lock north only gives me a button that allows me to turn north up, and periodically I have to hit the button again bc it goes back to putting my direction up for no apparent reason. Why call it "lock North up" if it doesn't actually lock north up? Mostly I find the extra features don't really seem to exist, but again it gets me where I want to go
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 22, 2016
- Version: 4.8.0
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.