Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.15.0
* New and improved audio settings for better support for Bluetooth
* You can now change your desired arrival time in planned drives
* Improved support for iOS 10
* Bug fixes for gas prices and parking suggestions
* Other minor bug fixes
Not bad but not great either
Works relatively good. Slower response than google maps. For example, turning notifications are too last minute. Ads that pop up in the map are irritating, made me miss my turn a couple times already. Not sure why they would put ads over the map you're trying to follow. Route options are not intuitive. When you map a route it takes a little while, when you want to see other options, it has to remap all of them again so takes twice the time. Has no pause feature and the count down timer to "go" is pointless...why rush you? Countdown timer is useless. Traffic monitoring is not as good either. You'll already be in traffic before it even attempts to calculate alternate routes. If you try to look for an alternate route on your own, you have to go through the process I mentioned earlier and remap all the routes again...there needs to be a button for "alternate route" to get around traffic. There is a bias on short time, regardless if it requires sitting in traffic for 30-45 minutes. Everyone prefers steady movement over traffic...everyone knows that.
MOST FRUSTRATING APP EVER!!!
Waze was once my favorite app, with its innovative fusion between a road atlas and social media. But little things started to annoy me and grew worse and more frustrating over time!
Your favorites can be arranged in whatever order you like, but then they will voluntarily move on their own, sorting themselves into random chaos by the time you've opened the app again. I have many favorites and the miscellaneous sorting makes it VERY difficult to find an address quickly. Since Waze has never fixed this problem, it's obvious they don't really care.
But then came the bombshell!!! I was one of the first Wazers ever when the app was newly released, and for years I carefully reported road hazards, drove out of my way to pave new roads, and started adding business info in my community. I ascended to the highest Waze ranking in my state!!! I was on top of the world!!! And then I got a new phone...
My Waze profile was wiped out, my rank not even in the Top 50,000, and Waze said there was "nothing they could do." Are you kidding me??? This is how you treat your most loyal customer??? My other 257 apps survived the new phone transfer flawlessly. Not Waze! Thanks for nothing Waze!!!
Excellent GPS app
Excellent app to use when you are trying to avoid traffic. It has saved me many times when I was caught in a pinch to get to a destination on time. Downside when it is trying to avoid traffic it doesn't really take into consideration the length of the red lights...sometimes the side streets can take longer than it estimated because the red lights are longer. Other thing I don't like is that when you are on a phone call, it doesn't give voice directions anymore. Sometimes I am using the speakers in my car to be hands free and I need to talk on the phone while driving but the voice navigation stops and I have to look at the screen to get an idea of what is happening next instead of being told. So because of this I can't use it when I am speaking to someone and driving. For a busy person such as myself who needs to make calls while in traffic or driving this is an issue and I'd rather just use a regular GPS but over all, excellent app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 4.15.0
- Size: 77.0 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.