Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 3.9.4
• Experience an overall faster Waze: smoother navigation, quicker route selection, and improved re-routing.
• New traffic bar! Know how long you'll be in a jam, tracking progress as you go.
• Learn which route Waze is taking with ‘Let’s go via’ voice instruction.
• Get a confirmation when sending your ETA: those receiving can instantly reply 'Got it, thanks’.
• Improved support for U-turns
• General bug fixes
Happier with previous version
I loved this app before the latest upgrade. Generally, it gets me where I need to go, and I love that the users can warn one another of heavy traffic, accidents, and police speed traps or cameras on lights in areas in which we are unfamiliar. My only complaint with the latest version is this... Why on earth does it want to automatically turn on navigation for my saved locations? Example: I open the app when I get in the car and it asks me if I'm going to work. I have to take the time to say no, and if I forget, it tries to navigate for me from home to work. This might have seemed like a cool feature to add for users, but THINK ABOUT IT! I KNOW how to get from home to work! I KNOW how to get from work to home! I save those locations for the rare occasions when I'm elsewhere and need to get back there from an unfamiliar spot in town and want the fastest route. I use this app on a daily basis NOT to navigate to and from work and home but.... That's right... To know how traffic is on the way to and from work and home! So if it's at all possible, I'd love to have this feature removed, I realize it only takes one more tap for me to turn it off, but WOW is it counterintuitive for an otherwise really nicely made app.
Good droning app, but doesn't respect your privacy
I found Waze to be accurate and full of information that was useful to the driver, but I have noticed that they make it difficult to remain private, and that they are gradually removing privacy functionality over time.
There are many reasons to be private on the road, you may have concerns for safety, or concerns that locations that you work at, visit, etc. might be revealed. This app doesn't respect those concerns: private driving cannot be made a default, the application reverts back to visible for each new drive, you can't report road hazards in private driving (this used to be possible, but has been recently changed).
There is no support for this app except forums, and frankly, forums are no help if you have a problem with your account. I am on my second account; when my phone was upgraded, the account would not switch to the new phone no matter what I did.
If none of the above is of a concern to you, then you'll find this app to be superior to other alternatives, so they've done a good job; if privacy is a concern for you or technical assistance then this app may not be for you.
Very good at figuring out back roads
I happen to live in the DMV area where traffic on the beltway can get pretty backed up during rush hour. I decided to use Waze a couple times to see if it could find alternate routes. Despite having lived in several DMV cities for more than 35 years I was pleasantly surprised to find many alternate back roads that would keep me driving without having to sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Many of these roads are through neighborhoods I've never been in. There's no telling when I would've been able to discover these on my own. My one quibble with the app is that sometimes it doesn't give you enough warning when you have to make a turn. Sometimes it tells me to make the turn as soon as I get to that road, not giving me much time to react as a result. Aside from that, this app is very smart at determining the best roads to avoid traffic. I'm also impressed at how it maintains a stable connection during my entire ride. I don't have the best data coverage yet I never seem to lose connection.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 01, 2015
- Version: 3.9.4
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.