Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.10.0
Sure, it's not perfect. But then, which app truly is? What Waze accomplishes is providing true real-time traffic and routing updates that are as good as the user community deserves. See, many use Waze for its superior alerts and routing capability over other GPS apps. However, it's really only as good as the user community is willing to make it. Don't want to share your location when not in use? Okay then. Don't want to post an alert about that state trooper hiding behind the bushes to the side of the overpass? No problem. Don't want to post that you're sitting in unexpected traffic? Go on with your bad self. But DO NOT complain that it's not a good app. It's a GPS that relies on data from its users. It's not the NSA following you around. Share and it's fantastic.
Seriously, it sometimes suffers from the dreadful disease all GPS apps and hardware succumb to, which is leading you off the highway on to the service road only to have you make a bunch of turns because it somehow provides a better metric than just staying on the highway itself, but it does that far less than any other I've tried and sometimes, as in extremely bad traffic or weather situations, it surprises the hell out of me at how useful and crafty it is as getting drivers around bad traffic.
Can't go wrong. Give it a try.
This app and review process is BS...!
Ok, this would be the 3rd time I am writing this review, the App Store and Waze especially don't care, obviously. When you write a bad review with your prior Waze name, This user name is already in the system and automatically deletes the review...funny...they can find it on the bad review but can't find my account other wise...BS! So I have been a Wazer for about 10 months, travel a lot, close to 200,000 points...now I can't be found by my phone number...and I can't find a way to contact them. Report a map problem 3 times and they kept saying it was fixed, no, my work address is ancient, still takes you 2 blocks away... The new update and a new phone, download my last update that should update me back into the system, nope, my number can't be found, for that matter neither can the server to connect. Traveled again the past 3 days under a non-registered account, you lose 3G and again, searching for network, wasn't that way before...important because you can't log anything in the system, mainly police, if you are not logging points what is any other reason other than a wreck? This app used to be good, I hear Google is coming out or already has the police marking ability and would be worth looking into before this new version. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED in them now. Good luck and I would not recommend them from this point forward, they have gone from 5 stars to 3.5 in the past 4 days, should tell everyone something. Good luck. RJK
Ease has so much potential
This app is my go-to because it's construction season here in Milwaukee. However a few thing that are a bit annoying.
1. Why does the app default to a highway route? Example: hwy is 24 min/11.4 miles with about 8 events on the route, mostly construction and jams.... *Click alternate routes* and there are two options which are less time, less miles, and NO EVENTS. This is why we use Waze, to outsmart the traffic, yet you just suggested we go right in the belly of the beast. Found a way around it but, annoying for possible first time users, and, even me.
2. The voice tells me to turn, like, 8 feet before my turn. If I'm going anything above 25 miles per hour, that's NOT ENOUGH LADY. Prep me for my turn once, even twice before I have to drift/barrel roll just to make it.
3. Speaking of voice, do you really have to repeat the long, multi directional highway signs in full? Just tell me which coordinate, exit or street name to look for, and I'll find it on the big green sign.
Just my two cents, I know there's more because I've been putting this review off for awhile, but I'm always driving and getting annoyed by how great this app could be. Keep up with the updates, and thanks for taking your user feedback into consideration.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 03, 2016
- Version: 4.10.0
- Size: 55.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.