Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Real-time Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.19.1
- Search by category: Discover nearby parking, restaurants, hotels, shopping, and more without having to type exact names.
- Friends and Inbox have a new home: Now, see whether you have new inbox messages and Waze friends online in your Waze menu navigation list. If you do, tap to your My Waze screen to read them and see who’s there.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Good app - could be a bit better
I have used this Waze app for almost a year now. I do like it but it has a few issues. It will take you on a wild goose chase if you let it. I have been led in nonsensical circles, long ways around short routes and into instead of away from some of the worst north Atlanta traffic on my commutes home. The other irritant is when there is a map issue to report and you tap the 'report a map issue' the app totally forgets where you were when you tapped it. Then later it asks for feedback about the map error and because you were driving when you found the map error you can't remember the intersection or street name where exactly the error was discovered. There needs to be a tweak where the app sticks a pin in the map where you were when you tapped report map error. So that when/if you get to your destination, you can give specific information. This has happened twice to me and I haven't been able to complete the reports because I didn't remember the exact location of the directions error. Waze you can make this feature more user friendly for drivers. Also consider requiring fewer clicks for reporting things. Takes our eyes from road too much. Thanks otherwise and keep improving a good product. 🙂
Sometimes good sometimes very frustrating!
Pro's easy to use, great for alerts like something in the road, accident or police hiding waiting to give you a ticket..con and this is a big con for me and sometimes I'd rather use another app... you will be on a open highway.. it will tell you to get off an exit drive on back roads making a bunch of lefts and rights only the get back on that same highway.. or take an exit only to be told to go back on ramp because it was a shorter route .. I know my highways well and I've been instructed by Waze to go back roads when I know with all the lights the highway would be best on its worst day.. I had a friend beat me to a destination because he chose to stay on the highway and I thought Waze knew something he didn't .. joke was on me .. I arrived 20 minutes after him.. I've sent in feed back about this only to hear the same thing .. it is people driven so there must of been something going on on that route and no one updated the info.. basically nothing's wrong ... that may be once in a while but it happens all the time in same areas .. this definitely needs some custom options like most use of a high way or most direct route .. other than that it will get you there ... just not the best or quickest route all the time ..
Have always loved Waze, until now
Since downloading the last version I have had a ton of problems, mostly with the voice command function.
It is something I had to turn off in the middle of a drive, and have discovered that the setting does not care for your preferences and will turn itself back on everytime you restart the app. I HATE the voice command feature as it continually goes off while I am driving, muting my driving instructions and causing me to have to turn off (sometimes 2 or 3 times per drive) while I am in control of my car. This is completely unacceptable that Waze refuses to allow me to actually turn off the voice control.
Since I have had all of these issues with voice control it also mutes my music completely unless I turn my screen completely off. This is something I've never had to deal with in regards to Waze but it is incredibly frustrating hearing the voice command beeps, my music shutting off, the navigation shutting off, and nothing working while I am driving. It is also completely unsafe as it means I then have to turn my app and phone off in order to get navigation back. I hope this is something they correct in a future version but I just downloaded the new version with "bug updates" and it is still having issues.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 16, 2017
- Version: 4.19.1
- Size: 90.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.