Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.16.0
- Now, send reports about traffic, accidents and police even when your phone isn’t connected to a cellular network
- Never lose your parked car again. Easily find it by marking your parking spot on the map
- Know ahead of time where you'll be turning. Tap on a specific turn in the Next Turns list to see it on the map
- Other minor bug fixes
Awful app, lies about its capabilities
I've tried this app a few times now and keep getting burned by it. Arrival times get pushed back ten minutes halfway through the trip which makes me question how much info really gets taken into account by when you start a route. If it keeps track of traffic flow there's no reason it should suddenly be picking up on slow traffic where it is saying is the quickest route when you're in the middle of using the route. I've tried to rely on this app to help me get to work in a timely manner and it's only contributed to making me late and making me frustrated.
This has been my favorite nav app for a long time but it is going in the wrong direction. I frequently get stuck in bad traffic now because waze is slow to update alerts and traffic problems and the nav has recently started taking down weird streets then doing u turns for no reason. Just not the quality nav product it was when it first came out. Not sure what happened but I'm bummed.
I love the alerts feature. The app lets me know if there is a hazard coming up or a cop lurking. This app has become my go-to for navigation.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 08, 2016
- Version: 4.16.0
- Size: 78.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.