Waze Navigation & Live Traffic
By Waze Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Avoid traffic jams, police traps, and accidents with Waze, the #1 real-time navigation app. Get the fastest routes to your favorite locations and new destinations, all for free.
Waze is a community of 90 million drivers. Here’s why:
- Automatically reroute around traffic as conditions change on the road
- Get police & speed camera alerts while you drive
- Hear road directions by celebrity voices or the average Joe
- Record your own custom voice directions to guide you on the road
- Know how long your drive will take before you start driving
- Find gas stations and the cheapest gas prices on your drive
- Earn points and gain status as you contribute with road info
- Low data usage from your phone
- Waze works anywhere in the world
For drivers who really don’t like to waste time or money:
- Get notified when it’s time to leave for your destination by setting your drive in advance
- Let Waze tell you when it’s time to leave for your events by syncing your calendar with Waze
- Save time looking for parking with Waze parking suggestions by your destination
- Choose to be routed on toll roads or to avoid them
- Get a sound alert if you exceed the speed limit with the speedometer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version iOS 4.30
Thanks for using Waze! With every drive, you’re joining 90 million Wazers who save time by taking the fastest route. Here is what’s new:
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Used to like it
Overall it is a nice app. I love how it can be useful with up-to-date notifications from other wazers. But there are flaws. First, I can't stand how it is worthless without Internet connection, so when I have no data I am unable to help others and report a car accident or speed cam I see. Second, once I tried to be helpful after I spent a long time in an unexpected traffic jam due to road works and a followed change of traffic flows, but the person responsible for editing maps told me it was non-important since it was a temporary change. What the heck, why can't you stop being a douche and let people know they can't pass now? Yes, they will drive as soon as works are done but that's in days, and before that it is forbidden to go in that direction. I thought it was a dumb behavior of a moderator, so I decided not to deal with map editing anymore. Too bad since I know about many closures and traffic changes while Waze fails to know it before me. Be more adequate and user friendly, and you'll become a wonderful application. Until that I'm using a local app that is indifferent to Internet and is quite fast to warn drivers about any circumstances they may come across.
Waze makes driving easier in many regards. I cannot deny that. The ability to add stops to a route is amazing, and I wish that apple maps had that feature. I would use waze every time, if it was more easily navigable, ironically. The app does not easily let you set a starting position, you have to jump through hoops to look at routes, and it’s too easy to get things wrong, while trying to avoid the previous issues. For instance, just today I was trying to look at the route between my school and a friends house. I could not quickly and easily figure out how to change my starting position, since I was not at my school. When I typed in my friends address, it immediately started the drive, when I wasn’t even planning on making the trip that day. I cancelled it, and tried again. This time, hitting “go later” instead of letting the timer run out to start the navigation. A calendar popped up, but I did not want to schedule the drive. I find waze too pushy in the way the app is designed, and I find it overly challenging to get simple directions without it starting a navigation.
I love the app and use it often. However, 2 things that bother me most is that the warnings that other drivers write are outdated. Most times it appears that there’s work on the road ahead but you drive by and there’s nothing there. It should have an option to delete these warnings.
Also, many times it directs you to make a left turn on a busy street - like for example 27th Ave in Miami which is almost impossible in heavy traffic - and its a little frustrating because the app should be able to tell that traffic is heavy on both sides.
It would be nice if it recognized your driving destinations. For example, I have to pick up my daughter from school every day when I get out of work but when I start the app in the afternoons it prompts me for directions to home rather than to my daughter’s school which is the destination that I choose every afternoon after work.
Other than that, I love it! And use it daily.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 13, 2017
- Version: iOS 4.30
- Size: 105 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.