Take the WBAL-TV 11 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Baltimore and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WBAL-TV 11 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Baltimore breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WBAL-TV 11 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Ability to share stories via email or to your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Baltimore weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Baltimore weather alerts and updates, 11 Insta-Weather PLUS videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Begging for readers
WBAL is probably my favorite news station, but this constant notification asking me to open the app to continue seeing updates is just ridiculous. If I have my notifications turned on AND I go through YOUR app and customize them like you ask us to do, why do I NEED to open the app every so often in order to keep receiving updates? No other app does this and it's highly annoying. I don't need, want or have the time to read every update you push through. Most times the update headline is enough to peak my interest or not and let me know what's happening. I should never STOP receiving notifications unless I turn them off! Please fix this highly annoying issue.
So ad-ridden its hardly useful
Sorry, WBAL, I’ll always be a loyal watcher, but this app is so crusted with repetitive, invasive ads that I deleted it. Every story you click force plays the same ad you just saw, unless you scroll fast enough to make it stop and scroll back up. Then there’s ads all through the content, some of it junk syndicated stuff- I know you need to make money but this just isn’t working for me. I’m tired of seeing ads for stuff I was just shopping for elsewhere. And you have invested almost nothing in features around good content. The only use left is school closings and I can get that easily elsewhere.
If you put the focus back on the user experience, let me know, and I’ll be back.
I really like the app and I use it just about every day. There are two things that I don’t like. The first is that some stories stay on the app for days or even months and the space could be used for other stories. The second issue is that often times you read a headline and open the story and it has nothing to do with the headline. You really want to read the story that the headline was leading up to but the story that you open has nothing to do with it. A big let down.
- Hearst Television
- 82.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of WBAL-TV.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.