The WCAX Mobile Weather App includes:
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* updated resources
Ratings and Reviews
Updated and Worse
Just updated today after days of annoying alerts to the new update. They've deleted Canada, including Newfoundland, and cities such as Marathon, NV. So, two of my 12 locations are now unavailable. I'm sure others will find more. Even worse, while I can continue to use the older, better version, I have to see 'there's an update' BS alert every time I open it up. Avoid the 'improved' crappy update at all costs.
It's so typical that So many Apps become worse with each new iteration.
Prior app worked much better
The bug keeping it from switching from portrait to landscape mode when you turn your device is BACK with the new update. What gives, you programmers? This is an EASY fix!
The new update is terrible overall. The list of faults is long:
The radar image cannot go full screen.
Distracting background photo image.
Slow to load.
Initial radar image too small.
Not intuitive in changing modes/display.
Have to click too many times to get the display one wants.
Commercial ad too large.
App title serves no purpose and occupies too much of the screen.
The original app from 2+ years ago is vastly superior.
If you want a quick radar lookup and better functionality, try MyRadar. I’ve given up on this app.
New version ruined the app
Just as many reviews have said...too slow to load, too many ads & my data usage skyrocketed out of nowhere after the update. Why was there a need to update something that wasn’t broken. I will be deleting the app soon as it has become almost useless for me now.
- Gray Television Group, Inc.
- 44.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.