WCVB NewsCenter 5 - Boston News and weather
By Hearst Television
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take the WCVB NewsCenter 5 app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Boston and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WCVB NewsCenter 5 app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Boston breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WCVB NewsCenter 5 reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Boston weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- Share stories via email or your social media pages
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Boston weather alerts and updates, Storm Team 5 weather videocasts and more
What's New in Version 5.10.10
Performance improvements and personalization updates to keep things working even better for you.
Keep your feedback coming to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Amateurish Ad Vector
I swiped on "Trump Bars 5 Media Outlets" in Notifications, but I got something else. And with sound playing....even though I have sound turned off on my iPad. I got it to shut up by turning volume down to zero. Then I discovered it was just a video ad! But when it was done, what played next was still not the article I had selected. It was closed captioned, but I couldn't read what it said, because the bottom line was obscured by ANOTHER AD.
So, the notification doesn't actually link to the article it's about. Videos play (and I prefer to read my news, thank you) and override the "Sound = Off" setting. Closed captioning is used but it's unreadable. There's an ad in the way of the closed captioning, and a video ad before the article. Don't bother having an app if it isn't going to work. If I want ads, I'll watch T.V. If I want to watch the articles you select, instead of the ones I choose, I'll watch T.V.
Oh, yeah, and don't have a feedback box if you don't want feedback. I shouldn't have to know the email address, or how to hack the app to attach it. Think you're cute, providing a feedback link that doesn't work? Or was it just designed by the same person who decided the notifications can link to random articles?
Same old, same old, .....
The ads are too long and too many. I am not going to buy anything if I am subjected to the same ad over and over again. Can't you vary them? I would rather just read the news items than have to listen to the same ad over and over again just to see a video.
The news is great, the app stinks: can't get off the ad half the time even when it says I can skip it; the last news report does NOT always appear On Demand: sometimes it's Chronicle (great show but NOT when I want the news) but most often it's blank. Extremely frustrating!! Don't believe you care enough to fix it!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 17, 2017
- Version: 5.10.10
- Size: 75.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Television
- © 2016, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of WCVB-TV
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.