By Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shoot it. Share it.
Turn your iOS™ device into the ultimate photo album. View all the photos stored on your WD TV® Live Hub™ media center, My Net™ N900 Central HD dual-band storage router, My Book® Live™ or My Book Live Duo personal cloud storage with your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®. Or, take a photo or video and upload it from your camera roll directly to your compatible WD device.
Show off your entire photo collection all at once or search and filter photos by name, date, folder or album. Photos are automatically optimized for perfect viewing, taking up minimal space on your device. Lose your network access? No problem. You can still view previously displayed photos when you’re offline.
• Access photos stored on your WD personal cloud storage with your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®
• Upload photos from your camera roll directly to your personal cloud storage, no matter where you are
• Create a slideshow with transitions
• Access previously viewed photos even when you’re offline
• View photos all at once or filter by folder or album
• Search by file name, folder name or date using built-in search options
• Automatically discover and connect to compatible WD devices on the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet
• HD button: hi-res photos on demand
• Print photos with AirPrint™-compatible printers
• Email links of full-resolution photos to friends and family and share photos on Facebook®.
• WD’s My Cloud, WD TV Live Hub, My Book Live, My Book Live Duo or My Net N900 Central with the most recent firmware, connected to the Internet
What's New in Version 2.4.5
- Bug Fixes
Great Potential but basic features missing
I originally installed this application to enable me to download photos from my WD Cloud to my apple camera role as this 'send to' option is missing in the WD My Cloud application!
Although WD Photos allows me to download and upload to/from my camera role, the photo EXIF data (date taken, location GPS, other picture data) is not retained and so it is impossible to correctly catalog the photos once uploaded or downloaded.
Also the ability to auto upload/backup from the apple device is really a key feature that is missing, as well as being able to specify a location to upload photos to.
Really hoping for these basic features to be included in a future version.
Great app with only one flaw
Love this app, especially how it helps save memory on my phone by enabling storage of my photos elsewhere. Only one, well maybe two complaints. First is that when you use the app to upload pictures from your iPhone, you 'lose' the date stamp for the file, meaning on the hard drive, the file details show the date the file was uploaded, not the date the file was created. Additionally, when uploading from multiple Apple devices, it creates duplicative file structures...ie there is a Camera Roll folder for each device and it is hard to distinguish between each one.
need a little more customization
I definitely like how easy this is to set up and view my photos by folder. I have taken a lot of time to organize years’ worth of photos so I appreciate this feature! However, I don’t like that the only share folder available to work with the app is the Public share. I need to be able to password protect the folder or choose one of my Private folders, otherwise I will not use this. Hope an update is coming soon!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 15, 2014
- Version: 2.4.5
- Size: 18.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
- © 2011 Western Digital Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.