By Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shoot it. Share it.
Turn your iOS™ device into the ultimate photo album. View all the photos stored on your WD TV® Live Hub™ media center, My Net™ N900 Central HD dual-band storage router, My Book® Live™ or My Book Live Duo personal cloud storage with your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®. Or, take a photo or video and upload it from your camera roll directly to your compatible WD device.
Show off your entire photo collection all at once or search and filter photos by name, date, folder or album. Photos are automatically optimized for perfect viewing, taking up minimal space on your device. Lose your network access? No problem. You can still view previously displayed photos when you’re offline.
• Access photos stored on your WD personal cloud storage with your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®
• Upload photos from your camera roll directly to your personal cloud storage, no matter where you are
• Create a slideshow with transitions
• Access previously viewed photos even when you’re offline
• View photos all at once or filter by folder or album
• Search by file name, folder name or date using built-in search options
• Automatically discover and connect to compatible WD devices on the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or tablet
• HD button: hi-res photos on demand
• Print photos with AirPrint™-compatible printers
• Email links of full-resolution photos to friends and family and share photos on Facebook®.
• WD’s My Cloud, WD TV Live Hub, My Book Live, My Book Live Duo or My Net N900 Central with the most recent firmware, connected to the Internet
What's New in Version 2.3.2
Important bug fixes
It's been several months since I purchased a 3TB MyCloud storage unit. Although I read the reviews that talked about difficulties I thought with the right support I could prevail.
Today I've given up! I can usually figure things out but this has beaten me. The set up was NOT 'plug and play' in any sense of the term.
It also doesn't recognize my other 1TB WD (passport, I believe it is) portable USB drive so moving files from one to the other has to be done manually and is slow.
I called the WD help line and was given excellent advice/support by Salvador, but it didn't end there.
I've had multiple issues, multiple emails with Salvador. While he's been excellent assistance, I keep having other issues pop up. User errors/issues? Perhaps, but I've reached a point of no return.
I've disconnected it and will try to sell it. I'm done.
Very nice but needs to add videos
The app works very well, especially on tablets where you have more screen real estate and a better view of the pictures. It's great to be able to look through all of the pictures instead of having them lost in "the file zone".
A much needed improvement is to be able to view the video files through this app as well. The display on this app is much better than the WD my cloud app, so I prefer using this one. But if I want to look at any videos I have to go through the my cloud app.
This app gives a great photo album feel to looking at your pictures. How great would it be if you also had the ability to see videos in a photo album?
Please add video access!
This would be a great place to view my videos, too. Just look at any other storage solution, or Apples own photo app, to see how it should look. Using two different apps to view photos and videos is just not user friendly. I'm trying to teach family members how to use this and it's not nearly as easy as it could be, and every other solution out there already is. Plz fix!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 24, 2014
- Version: 2.3.2
- Size: 16.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
- © 2011 Western Digital Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.