Unleash the power of your Western Digital TV Live.
It can't get any easier! Just bought your Western Digital TV Live product or already have one at home? Use your iPhone/iPod or iPad over Wi-Fi to control your WD TV Live media player. Simply download this app and access additional content, currently not available on the WD TV Live itself.
Enjoy millions of videos, images, and songs anywhere and share them with your friends. Easily search and find interesting content from many sources, including your mobile device and home network, and watch it on an internet connected TV or on your mobile device.
With this powerful app you can do the following:
• Easily search, find, and browse videos, photos, or music and watch on TV using your iPad.
• Discover new and featured videos every day.
• Stream music and videos from many sources straight to your TV or mobile device.
• Access your photo and social networking accounts to watch your own content on TV.
• Watch over WiFi and 3G (on your iPad).
You can use this version of the WD TV Live Media application with any of the following Western Digital Media Players:
• WD TV Live (Old and New)
• WD TV Live Plus
• WD TV Live Hub
• WD TV Play
• Video search
• Add to favorites
• Watch on TV
• Create music playlist
• Continuous video and music play
• Upload videos and photos
• Access to your DLNA Home Media Servers
• Airplay Compatible
You will find the following sections in this app:
• Select the desired Western Digital Media Player you would like to use to play photos, videos, or music on your TV. Even if you have more than one WD TV Live player? No problem … Simply select the device you want to use … that's it.
• Viewing progress and information about the content you are watching.
• Music and Video player controls such as previous, pause, play, next, and volume (depending on the capabilities of your WD TV Live product).
• Search and find your content in the cloud, iOS devices, or on your local media server!
• Sharing via e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook
• Facebook videos and photos from you and your friends
• Picasa Web Album photos
• Flickr photos
• SHOUTcast radio stations
• YouTube videos
• Music, photos, and videos (only from Camera Roll) from your mobile device (great for on the go or if you have not yet synced your stuff).
• Music, photos, and videos from your home network.
• Change your personalized settings.
• Send application logs to ZappoTV.
• Manage your favorites.
• Access your viewing history.
THINGS TO KNOW
• The WD TV Live Media app lets you know when new content from a source or series that you have marked as “favorite” is available. Similar to new text messages, available updates, and unread emails.
• MyZappoTV > Favorites, lets you access and manage your viewing history. This list of your viewing activity may include content from multiple content sources that you watched on multiple devices.
• MyZappoTV > History makes it super easy to watch previous viewed photos or videos once again.
• Browse gives you easy access to media you like. More sources and content are added daily. If you don't see what you are looking for, please let us know.
What do you need to get started?
• iPad or iPad2 is required.
• iOS device must have iOS 4.2 or later.
• A ZappoTV account is required to use the application.
• The streaming of music, images, and videos requires an active Wi-Fi or cellular data connection and a ZappoTV account. You will have limited functionality when you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network or when you don't have a cellular data connection.
• Some content may not be compatible with this app or your TV.
We love to hear from our customers! Please contact us at email@example.com for any suggestions and improvements.
- Playback of youtube videos
- Fixed an App crash
- Updated help screen
Ratings and Reviews
First app in 6 years I ever thought needed a review. Total garbage and is nothing more than an icon on your iPad. Does nothing, doesn't allow you to use your WD Live TV in any way shape or form. Less than a 1 star rating deserved.
I have 2 Mybooklive 3 TB units and a WD TV Live unit on my network, this app is great (it even picks up my laptops). If they could add support for the mkv container I would be in heaven right now, very few hiccups in the stream even with large files, even when manually skipping, pretty decent functionality to the software. Plays music, photos as well, fun toy to play with, also you can use the tablet as a remote of sorts for the WDTV Live, for people like myself with large collections this can come in handy if you need to find the next song to queue up for friends without wasting time, or whatever the case may be.
To the other 2 guys...what did you think it was going to do?
Initially, the app couldn't detect my WD TV Live at all, and documentation failed to point out that the device needs to be set up as a Windows server and will be seen as such, even if you have a Mac server function rolling. Once I tried that, I can now view MP4 & M4V movies on my iPad1 straight off the attached USB 3TB HDD. The TV does not need to be on except as a way to visually confirm HDD ejection prior to shutting the HD TV Live off. So far I can't get movies to go full-screen, but at least it does the job. Advice: the app is glitchy, so once you establish a connection, do things deliberately and don't try to interrupt, abort and do something else.
- ZappoTV, Inc.
- 34.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- COPYRIGHT © 2011 ZappoTV, Inc. WD TV and WD TV Live Hub are registered trademarks of Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.