WD TV Remote
By Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your smartphone into a touch-screen remote for your WD TV® Live Hub™, WD TV Live™ or WD TV Play™ media player.
Control your WD TV experience with the tap of a soft key or the swipe of a finger using the WD TV Remote™ app. Simply launch the app on your iOS™ device and instantly take control of any WD TV Live Hub, WD TV Live or WD TV Play that is connected on the same network.
• Control your WD TV from anywhere in your house using your wireless network
• Get one-touch access to launch any online service available on your WD TV
• Enter text using your iPhone® or iPad® keyboard
• Use the gesture pad for quick and easy navigation
• Enjoy multiplayer games with friends and family using multiple iOS devices connected to your wireless network
• iPhone, iPod touch®, or iPad running iOS 5.0 or higher
• WD TV Live Hub media center, WD TV Live or WD TV Play media player
• WD TV Live Plus with v.1.06.42 or higher firmware
• WD TV Live HD Media Player with v1.06.43 or higher firmware
• Wireless access to your WD TV media player on your network (Your media player may be connected to your network via Ethernet port or wirelessly)
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WesternDigital
Follow us on Twitter: @WesternDigital
What's New in Version 1.2.1
WD TV Play support
WD TV Remote now supports WD TV Live Plus and WD TV Live HD Media Player!
Please update your WD TV device’s firmware:
WD TV Live Plus: v. 1.06.42 or higher
WD TV Live HD Media Player: v 1.06.43 or higher
Great App With Lots of Potential
This is a really good app that goes beyond any other similar app I have seen. Most big companies will put out an ok app but nothing special. This app actually does cool useful things I will use. The one thing that I would love to see is the ability to mirror what the tv is showing. That way if I am in another room and want to change playlist, albums, etc... I could just look at my phone and navigate folders without looking at the screen. That would put this app far beyond any other similar app for media control I have seen.
Love it, works like a champ
Tested all functions, no issues to report.
I have the wd live hub with the latest wd firmware.
The power on/off button is a nice feature along with the volume control!!!!
I wish the "options" button is on the main screen, not in the sub menu.
I normally use the "select multiple" button to choose videos from the "new" tab in the library, then add them to my queue. So the options button would be nice on the main page.
Second, I know it's optimized for the iPhone 5 ( which I don't have ), so I love love to see a version sized for the iPad.
Nice and useful app
Just like the real remote but BETTER!
This is a very hand app especially when you're laying there on your couch and the remove is right in front of you but out of reach. Luckily for you, your phone is in your pocket! So you just need to fire up this app and control your WD media device as if it were the actual physical remote. What I would want to see improved is the use of text on the advance menus. They provided nice icons but not-so-intuitive people like me can't always figure it out without trial and error.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 13, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
- © 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.