Get a First Alert to breaking weather, interactive radar and video forecasts, all in a clean, clear, easy-to-use design.
The app features:
* Alerts for severe weather watches and warnings
* Local video weathercasts and updates from First Alert Meteorologists
* Live interactive radar, tracks storms down to street level
* Hourly and 10-Day Forecasts from First Alert Meteorologists
* Weather Impact Days highlight times when weather may affect your plans
* FutureView technology, tracks weather you can expect hours from now
* School, business and organization closings
* Share weather updates with friends on Facebook and Twitter
* Traffic and weather cameras
* updated resources
Ratings and Reviews
Reliable forecast, too many ads
The Good: I’ve always preferred WDBJ7’s weather and news coverage over other local stations. The forecasts are reliable, and it’s much easier to watch the 20 second morning forecast video on the app than turn on the tv and wait for the weather to come on each morning. The app itself is easy to navigate and it’s easy find the info you’re looking for.
The Bad: Do you like ads? If so, this is the perfect weather app for you! You have to sit through a 30 second ad that you can’t skip before watching each video. For some reason even with the phone set to vibrate, the sound still comes through. Want to just see the daily forecast for the week? Then you’ll get a full page ad with a tiny X at the top to close first, and then another one every few seconds while you’re scrolling through the days. Did you get a severe weather alert that you want and need to read? Well, get ready to sit through a commercial for good ol’ Rick Woodson Honda or learn about the local Goodwill Industries employees first. No disrespect to those companies, but if something is going down weather-wise, I don’t see why it’s important to first try to sell me a Honda.
Overall, the weather forecast itself is very reliable and brought to you by the people you trust. I understand the need for ads, but this app has way too many and it’s frustrating to use most times. If they ever offer a paid, ad-free version, I’d be happy to get that one.
Don’t know why the reviews are so bad. This forecast is often more accurate than my local news. Yes there are ads sometimes but they are nothing compared to the 10 minute commercial reel Id have to watch on cable. This app never gives me a problem. I also love that you can see where and when earthquakes happen around the world as well as their intensity. The hourly forecast is very useful and most often I’m the only one I know who is prepared for the weather.
Almost completely unusable now
This app has been ruined with the extreme Ads, either reduce the Ads to the way it was before, or charge for a Ad free version. I will not be using this App anymore. I’m not against Ads but when they make the app slow, fail to load, and just plain unusable I fail to understand their value. I end up disliking the company that is advertising just because I have to what their stupid ad pop up ten times just to see the weather forecast which seems counterintuitive the me.
- 58.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.