The Wear OS by Google app, previously Android Wear, syncs your smartwatch and phone so you can get more out of your watch. Get help from your Google Assistant, see important messages, track health and fitness, and more, all from your wrist:
• GET HELP FROM YOUR GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Check the weather, start a run, set reminders, and more just by asking
• TAKE YOUR HEALTH AND FITNESS FURTHER: Monitor your progress towards two activity goals that are proven to impact health
• ROCK OUT WHILE YOU WORK OUT: Control your favorite music right from your wrist and stay motivated through the last mile
• STAY CONNECTED AT A GLANCE: Check important notifications, texts, emails, and calls at a glance
• GET MORE DONE: See your next meeting, add items to your grocery list, set reminders, pay on the go and more
• EXPRESS YOURSELF: Wear OS by Google lets you be you with hundreds of styles—from fashion to fitness to fun and thousands of watch faces you can customize
Learn more http://google.com/WearOS
Supported features may vary across watches, phones, and countries. The Google Assistant is not available in certain countries and languages.
• See the new Google Fit experience designed around two new activity goals proven to impact health - Heart Points and Move Minutes
Ratings and Reviews
I got this watch thinking that it was an alternative to the Apple Watch. I’ve now had this watch for 3 months and I couldn’t be more disappointed in a product. I’d like to think that the main issue is this “wear os by google” application and not the actually watch, but I could be mistaken. My watch is connected to my phone roughly 3 minutes of the entire day, it is continuously trying to download a systems update, it always shows that I’ve walked 0 steps during the day, and despite having Bluetooth and WiFi turned on “automatic”, I NEVER have access to internet. The app tells you to “tap the reconnect icon on your watch”....which gets you nowhere. The help page says to go to “wear os by google > connectivity > WiFi > add network”. It’s interesting advice considering my app is up to date and there is no such option as “connectivity”. I absolutely hate leaving poor reviews like this, but I feel like others should know what they are getting themselves into if they opt for this product. I wouldn’t waste my money on any product that requires this application to operate, until the developers give this application a 360 degree upgrade.
What you are doing is ok, but is subpar for what google can do
Wear os In my opinion is laughable at best. The only thing I can do on my watch is the basics that any other watch can do, just in my case mine has a touch screen. The whole point of me owning a smart watch was to eliminate a lot of what I need my phone for. Google you have once again said “well screw you Apple, I’ll put my watch wear on your App Store just so that more people will by my product and use it on your devices”, your not just giving the middle finger to Apple your also giving the middle finger to all the people who own a watch and is on iOS. It’s like you did this in spite and then completely forgot about it. You don’t even let your own apps that are in the App Store work with the watches... sad, I thought google was all about innovation, instead you sent me back a couple of years with a watch that just does what non smart watches do now. Least you could do is let us call and text on the things...
I contacted the Michael Kors access support because this is the watch I have. The replied with some suggestions and they worked for me. Hope they work for u as well. Good luck
Therefore, we would suggest you perform a complete factory reset and hope it solves the problem. Please follow the instructions below step by step:
· Update your iPhone to the newest iOS 11.3
· Fully charge your watch and your phone
· Go to Wear OS by Google app>Advanced Settings>Disconnect Bradshaw or Forget Watch
· Go to your iPhone Settings>Find Bradshaw under My Devices>Choose the blue circle with letter "i" in it and choose Forget This Device, if the blue circle is not showing, please switch off and on the Bluetooth
· Uninstall the Wear OS by Google app and reinstall it
· Go to your watch Settings>System>Disconnect & Reset
· Go to your iPhone Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Turn the main switch on and turn on the switch for Wear OS by Google
· Once the watch turns back on, tap to begin on the watch and follow the prompts to pair it with the Wear OS by Google app
· Please do not pair the watch through Bluetooth directly, we will need to pair it through the app
- Google, Inc.
- 165.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.