By McLean Mobile Solutions LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Designed to look stunning on the retina display on both iPad and iPhone, Weather 2x is an entirely new and innovative way to view weather conditions for the locations that matter to you most.
"The most elegant piece of mobile weather software I’ve yet encountered" - New York Times
"The UI is smooth, the nature images look fantastic on the retina iPad and the weather details are accurate" - TUAW
"I really like the interface of this app" - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
- Stunning weather visuals featuring subtle animations
- Track, manage and maintain unlimited weather locations around the globe
- Current weather conditions
- 5 day weather forecast
- Hourly weather forecast breakdown
- Extended weather information including Precipitation, Visibility, Humidity, and Pressure level details
- Wind speed and direction details
- Unit of measure conversion including Fahrenheit and Celsius
- View current weather conditions for multiple cities with one swipe
- Gesture driven interface including swipe, pinch, and tap gestures
- Seamless syncing of preferences and weather locations via iCloud
- "Local Weather" feature - automatically updates based on current location
- World clock, displaying the time for each location you follow
- Share weather conditions via Facebook, Twitter or Email
- NOAA active weather advisories & warnings feature for cities in the United States
- Push Notification system for Local Weather advisories, watches and warnings from the US National Weather Service
- Optional: Expansion Pack includes twice the visuals + Sunrise & Sunset times
- City overview: Swipe in from the left
- Hourly forecast detail: Swipe in from the right
- 5 Day forecast: Pinch outward or double tap primary screen
- Extended weather information: Single tap primary screen
- Re-sort city: Tap and hold city object to enable dragging
- Remove city: Tap and hold city object, then tap the "x" to remove
- Refresh weather conditions: Pull down the list of cities and release
- "Share" mode: Pinch inward on primary screen
What's New in Version 2.01
- Bug fix
Stunningly Superb & Simple
None more may be said, but I will poorly try; the photos are pretty, plain and simple, the forecasts go several days & hours ahead and I like that. I saw commentary about accuracy and disparaged since some folks demand NOAA detail in bumper sticker format, so this ain't it. The app loads no slower than others since IO8 came out. Glad I got it and will use it until another shiny new app comes forth!
Says its 68 degrees and clear on opening page for Houston. On detail page, says its 74 degrees and sunshine. Truth: 59 degrees and raining. Hard. Really? One star only because I couldn't post without at least one star.
Decent but missing info
Knocked it down another star. Missing so many details. Even Yahoo weather has more details than this. This app needs a major update
The interface is top notch but missing some crucial info:
1. Feels like temperature. When it's 32 degrees with the wind blowing at 15 mph. It may feel like 25. I need to know this.
2. Chance of rain percentage for the day and hourly
3. Hourly temperature as it stands now the time shown is for every three hours with no way to change it.
4. Temperature is way off by at least 8 degrees. My car and Yahoo temps are the same this app 8 degrees off.
if the next update doesn't address these issues I'm done. It was free for me so no loss in deleting it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 16, 2014
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 38.1 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: McLean Mobile Solutions LLC
- © 2012 McLean Mobile Solutions, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Weather 2x Expansion Pack$0.99