Weather Alert Map USA
By Elecont LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather Alert Map is the only app you need for the latest weather information. Get critical severe weather alerts for your location in easy and intuitive way - directly on the map. App offers High-resolution weather radar, Satellite images of national and local cloud cover, Current weather and Ten-day weather forecast, Sea surface temperature, Earthquakes via In-App purchase. Stay ahead of severe weather wherever you are with the Weather Alert Map application !
Over the last few months, the weather is one of the hottest topics due to Hurricane Sandy, but lets face it, the weather is always a major focal point with everyday life. There isn’t a day that goes by where someone doesn’t ask me if it’s going to rain or snow. With Alert Map, you will always have that information in your pocket because it shows the latest alerts, weather, radar and even earthquakes.
With Alert Map you will see all watches, warnings, and advisories issued by the National Weather Service. They cover just about anything you can think of including, air quality, avalanches, blizzards, floods, earthquakes, high winds, hurricanes, thunderstorms and so much more.
You will see these warnings color coded in the affected areas on the map. If you tap on it, you will get a summarized version of the advisory or warning, and you can tap it for more detailed information.
Here are some example images from the weekend and as recent as few hours ago dealing with Hurricane Sandy.
Key Features (Free):
• Complete, vector-based;
• Advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
Displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way.
• High resolution radar. Stunning and sharp images.
• Full, animated radar from the NWS for the entire U.S.
Satellite images provide an excellent view on the clouds in the sky and an indication of the weather over the North American continent, Europe, Japan, Indonesia and Australia.
• Satellite data comes from GOES 13, GOES 15, METEOSAT and MTSAT satellites
• Radar images delayed up to 30 minutes for the U.S, Japan, Indonesia and Australia
• Radar images delayed up to 3 hours for Europe
Sea surface temperature (IAP):
Provides useful information for Fisherman, Divers, Surfers, Sailors, Lifeguards, boaters, and anyone that needs to know the water temperatures near them.
• Provides sea surface temperature based on buoys and satellite maps
• Provides zoom and pan functionality
Allows you to easily pan and zoom so you can get unmatched detail of weather in your neighborhood or half a world away.
• Provides current weather conditions and a weather forecast up to 10 days ahead for cities all over the world.
• Zoom in and find all the local weather stations surrounding your chosen location. Travel the world and find live weather conditions displayed for exotic locations. Switch between your favorite locations. These things help to make travel easy!
• Current weather conditions and temperatures on top of the interactive maps
• Long-term 10-day weather forecast
Provides near realtime updates of the latest earthquakes across U.S., Worldwide.
• Generates a real-time map of earthquakes that have occurred over the past day in the world. The map includes the the strength of any earthquake with a magnitude over 1.0.
• Uses data from multiple agencies worldwide, including the USGS, and the EMSC.
What's New in Version 1.2
• iOS 7 support
• New way of finding and adding places
• Animated cloud cover for Europe, Japan, Australia
• The application size reduced by almost 15%
• Also included are some small fixes and performance improvements
🌈My ☔Favorite ⚡Weather ⛅App☀
To quickly and easily see what is currently happening anywhere in the country this is the best app. Graphically shows info where NWS severe alerts are in effect. After using many others for 18 months this SINGLE APP is my most used and my favorite mobile weather app. very easy to use. I added radar but use its not really needed because of the colored advisory graphing. thank you much and I commend you on a WELL done job. I suggest that a map for ⚡lightning⚡strikes is soon added. Please don't make this app require above iOS 6. 🌈
Best basic weather app ever!
This is a great app don't get me wrong. The only issues are that if I want the satelite immage, I have to curl the page before I could get it. Also it is missing the play radar. You know like on other weather apps you can have it move the radar automaticly instead of you having to do it manually. Other than that I couldn't ask for a better weather map. Must get if wanting basic and somewhat detailed map. Thank You App Creator.
Too bad each map is overpriced
This app is ok. It would have been great if the extra maps weren't individually overcharged. Most quality weather apps are just the usual dollar or two and you get everything.
The colors and outlines around the effected counties for warnings, watches, etc need to be enhanced. Some can be difficult to see (especially the light yellows and beiges).
Bottom line: Support apps that provide a single fair price for full functionality - this app doesn't. Look elsewhere. There are a lot of apps that provide everything this app does for no more than a dollar.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 30, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Elecont LLC
- © 2007-2015 Elecont LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Radar: Hi-Def doppler weather radar (U.S.)$0.99
- Weather Map: current weather and 10-day forecast (Worldwide)$0.99
- Special offer: Weather, Radar, Satellite, Sea surface temps, Earthquakes$1.99
- Earthquakes: USGS and EMSC (Worldwide)$0.99
- Satellite cloud cover$0.99
- Sea surface temperatures$0.99